Thread: Hello, im a newbie

Red face Hello, im a newbie

Hello all,

I'm new to this site but have suffered with anxiety for years. Things have been really hard for the last six weeks as i suddenly seem to have developed obsessive negative questioning in regards to my relationship of 3 years (with a wonderful man who has always made me very happy). All of a sudden i question everything, feel numb, and feel panic stricken all the time. I have been having anxiety attacks everyday, lost nearly a stone in weight and cant concentrate on anything else.

Up to this time i have been under an awful lot of pressure at work, having some issues with my parents and also in some financial difficulty. I think everything has just got on top of me and my nervous system is just completely over stimulated.

I think I could cope with anxiety about anything other then my relationship, the negative questioning that has suddenly happened has just scared the hell out of me and i now see panic at every corner and can barely leave the house.

I am having CBT - my therapist thinks the issues do not relate to my boyfriend but i must say i feel overwhelemed. I am on 10 mg of citalopram and have been for just one week now - so hoping this may also help. I just want to get my life back on track, but since i have felt so low recently it's hard to imagine. I feel almost as if i have had a breakdown, last week i did not get out of bed all week.

I have been gathering lots of strength from this site though, so thanks so much guys. Its great to know i can look at this site when i am having an episode!

xxx

Hi Hellington Boots

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hello, im a newbie

Hey

Sorry you are not feeling too good!!!!

Hopefully in a couple of weeks the Citalopram will kick in and you will start to feel a bit better.

BobbyDog

A big, warm to NMP

Pip xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi &

Your story is fairly similar to mine....I had a breakdown last November due to the stresses and strains of life. I have come such a long way in 7 months so I just wanted you to know you are not alone and you will get there. This site has helped me so much too, along with meds, CBT and determination. I wish you well.

Take care, Kitti

Thank you all so much for your support, you're all very kind. Fingers crossed it gets easier.

xxxxx

Thread Information