Thread: Triggered and Hurting

Triggered and Hurting

Tonight is one of those nights where boom when you least expect it you get triggered and all the emotions flood back in. Pain, hurt, fear, helplessness, confusion and self doubt not to mention how you look at the world and people close to you. No trust or loyalty. The type of love I see is so dysfunctional, so backward and has and still does cause so much trauma. How can people treat others so horribly and think they do know wrong, how can people be so blind to what they do to those they supposedly love. I could be throw up I am so tired of it all.

Re: Triggered and Hurting

things always look really shitty when everything hits you at once. i feel like the whole world is against me and i can trust no-one but myself when i'm low.
    i'm not a very trusting person the rest of the time but the world will look better when you're feeling calmer. be nice to yourself and don't try to over-analyze your feelings right now, remember it's your anxiety making your thoughts like this. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by losin View Post
    i can trust no-one but myself when i'm low.
    You know I don't even trust myself when this is happening. I'm just lost wandering in my thoughts on why things happen the way they do, what people think, why they act like that, how unfair it is, how hopeless I would be if I died just now, why do I need to be like that, how everyone else manages to cope with stuff like that.

The thing you need to do when that happens is drag your thought somewhere else, to something you expect and you're happy about, a good memory, anything that makes you relax. Block the bad thoughts as much as you can. And remember a thought is a passive situation. If you leave it as it's going to fade. Some time ago I wouldn't believe people can empty their mind but as it seems I can force myself to do it, and I'm not anyone special believe me. And No.1 advice: BREATHE. As deep and as steady as you can. It helps you calm down al lot more than you think.

I hope you feel better soon!!! =]
    Last edited by nantia; 14-06-12 at 22:40. Reason: Forgot something :)

Thank you both . I hear you both and will try this next time the world gets overwhelming.

Thread Information