Thread: Self harm

Self harm

Hi

Don't know if i am putting this message in the right area or not so sorry if its in wrong area.

My name is Nicola and i self harm-there i have confessed my dirty little secret!!

I suffer from panic disorder and the odd phobia especially in social situations but i also self harm a part of body due to my low self esteem. I have been self harming for over a year and have many scars i took the first steps to getting help by admitting it to my mum but it is a hard thing to stop doing when i hate my body at times. For the past three days i have not harmed myself although i felt a strong urge to today even though i felt in good spirits-can u detest yourself and still feel happy at the same time? My mum keeps threatening to drag me to the doctors but there is nothing they can do as i am already on meds so i need all the willpower i can muster to refrain from doing such a thing to myself. I was wondering if there is anybody else out there who has similar problems to me.

Thanks
    Nicola

Hi Nicola, i don't have your problem hunny but I wonder if you have had any therapy to help you talk through why you are doing this. i know you on meds but i would think that it might be good for you to talk about it with a counsellor. It is so brave of you to tell us, it takes a lot of willpower and strength and courage so well done! i really hope you can find some help soon. Just remember you are not alone. Thinking of you, let us know how you get on.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi Nicola and welcome to the forum. I think a counseller is a very good idea hun, you really do need to find out why this is happening, harming yourself is not going to get you anywhere. Is there something about you that you particularly dislike?

Best wishes,

Polly

hey just wanted 2 let ya kno ur not alone. i self-harmed for 4 1/2 years, stopped for 6 months and then started agagin coz i got anxiety n couldnt handle it. if u wanna talk add me on msn www.Dont_Under_Estimate_Me@hotmail.co.uk o private message me. also theres a self harm site u mite wanna check out they av poetry n everything www.recoveryourlife.com take care xxx.

Thread Information