Thread: Hello I'm new and on citalopram ..... Advice needed

Smile Hello I'm new and on citalopram ..... Advice needed

Hello

Thanks for reading this. I am day 5 into taking citalopram 20mgs and having a few symptoms..... I have been reading over others to see if mine were the same but it seems not so decided to just ask!! I did read the leaflet that came with them but it seems even yawning can be a side effect! Which I do alot anyway!

I am experiencing weird tingles in fingers and numbness particularly around hips and waist!? I'm not getting headaches which it seems most people get. Also a numbness across the forehead.... And Periods of what I would call 'phasing out'..... Also Finding it hard to hold a conversation too. Any of this familiar?

Sorry for the same old question in the time line. But it would hopefully just help me stop worrying .... Which is why I was put n them in the first place!!

Many thanks x

Re: Hello I'm new and on citalopram ..... Advice needed

Hi there
    I am relatively new to this too as in never been on meds before, i have been on cit 3 months and can reassure you all those symptoms pass with time.
    I had the tingling up and down my arms alot also pressure at bottom of my head, detachment.
    I did not have headaches im pretty sure all yours are side effects some people have hardly any whilst others had loads.
    My advise stic it out i am slowly getting to my normal self its certainly worth all the side effects from the place i was at.
    Its hard and at times i felt i was losing it, eep on this forum the people are lovely and will support you, im learning its a long journey and patience seems to be key (im not good at that). xxx

Thank you for responding really good to know others have experienced the same. This has come out of the blue to me (my anxiety symptoms) and nowim in denial and think the docs an idiot for not realising I am actually quite sick and not suffering from anxiety..... But 5 days in some of my worst anxiety symptoms have disappeared.... So maybe she was right! I think the biggest hurdle is excepting that you've got a problem? Am I right? Hopefully once my meds really kick in this horrible anxiety will fade away. X

Hi Worryguts,

I'm in the same boat as you really, been on citalopram for two weeks. I had all those side affects also, and felt terrible but they are starting to calm down for me at last. I actually decided not to read the side effects leaflet because I knew it would freak me out!

Hopefully this will all be worth it for us!

Xxx

Mine was also out of the blue after an illness, the anxiety symptoms came out of nowhere that gradually went to depression (have to add depression is not what i thought it was) i felt it was for miserable people and like you was in denial until my family begged me to tae the pills.
    I was normal at xmas lol... got an inner ear infection then bam all very strange x

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

ps all my physical symptoms went quicly with cit i am left with thoughts ie checking how i feel all the time now but soooo much better so stick with it x

hier i am currently on my 10th day on citalopram and i have taken them twice before over the years. Rest assured all the things you have mentioned are perfectly normal and do get better in time 2-4 weeks. For me this drug is like a miracle cure totally anxiety and panic free whilst on them but unfortunatelly for me i always come off them to quick 4-5 months after starting them so this time i am going to stay on them for at least a year to give my brain a real rest. I hope any of this helps stick with it take care and good luck

Thanks everyone. I shall stick with it and ignore all the weirdness till my brain finally has a rest. Thank you for taking the time to reassure me- it means alot x

Thread Information