Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Worried about mirtazapin

Re: Worried about mirtazapin

Hi Joanne I'm sorry that you are ill. I recognise the spiral that you are in that you feel that you are not getting any better and the mirt is making you worse. You might actually feel like this if you weren't taking anything at all? I believe that you need to make another appointment with the doctors book a double appointment if necessary. You will probably need something to help with the anxiety in the short term. Write down what you would like to happen i.e. tapering off the mirt and trying something else, seeing a psychiatrist, arranging some other support i.e. counselling? It might seem hard at the moment but only you can help yourself out of this prison. There is a good book by Dorothy Rowe which is also good about helping yourself get out of depression. Good luck. I am taking 45mg mirtazapine and it seems to work for me. EJ

thank you so much everyone one to replay to my posts!!!!
    Is it possible that mitrazapine is actually making me depressed???I have never felt so low in my mood,not motivated, angry,and hopeless. I wish that I never come of the citalopram last year,now I struggle every day! and citalopram didnt work for me this time round,which is really strange?! and mitrazapine is not seem to work at all. Im scared I will always stay that way.

Re: Worried about mirtazapine

I think that the mirtazapine can make you feel depressed if it isn't working properly. I know from reading other people's posts on here that going back onto a ssri for the second time can find that it doesn't work or the side effects are horrendous. I recommend that you go back to your GP. Although you sound depressed you also sound like a courageous lady determined to get well again and to the bottom of all this. I wish you well and I hope that you find an anti d that is suitable and works for you. EJ

Joanne I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling great on Mirtazapine. I came off it a couple of months ago after trying it for 7 months but it didn't even make me sleep. I felt really depressed too and it made my anxiety worse. I just don't think it ever agreed with me as I was really poorly coming off it so now I'm on Cipralex, the newer version of Citalopram and though I'm only on my second week it's been really tolerable compared to normal Citalopram. I've been on normal Cit 3 times before and it always got me well so fingers crossed Escitalopram will too but I agree that you should speak to your doctor as I stayed on Mirtazapine far too long hoping it would kick in and it just never did. All the very best of luck darl xxx

Hello everyone , I'm new to this forum but am glad I'm came across it, I'm 46 married to Tina, I have 5 kids and a grandchild whose 1 yr old next week, anyway, I have a rare cancer called familial adematotous polyposis Coli , it was diagnosed as terminal recently, over a load of ops in the uk as no hospital in Ireland deals with this cancer , I go to the world renowned st marks hospital In harrow London every 4 months for treatment , I only have 60cms of bowel left and as a last resort to expand my life by a few years I'm waiting on a bowel/ kidney transplant, the main meds I'm on are 240 mg daily of OxyContin , 5 by 600upg actiq, 900 mg lyrica, tamoxifen ,30 mg dalmane, Xanax 15 mg, I was on 15mg mitrazipine but it was upped to 45 mg daily a month ago, I noticed straight away that I started hallucinating , this never happened until the mitrazipine was raised up to 45 mg. the meds above are my daily doses, I'm also on a load of vitamin tabs etc, since I have not enough bowel left to sustain life , I was put on TPN but after a year I got a bad infection and took a massive heart attack , that meant they had to take me off the TPN , since I stopped TPN, I've lost 3 stone in 14 weeks which is why my last option is a transplant , anyway as for the mitrazipine has any one else noticed getting any hallucinations like I'm getting? It feels so real that I'm able to wake myself up from my sleep and talk to my wife as if its real, sometimes once I go back to sleep the same dream continues. Surely it happens other people. As I said this never happened me until I was raised to 45 mg but at the same time I find zispin great for my post traumatic stress disorder,
    Thank you
    John

Last week a have managed to see someone normal at my surgery!!!! It was an older guy GP who finally checked my heart and check my blood pressure!! He also send me for a blood test -checking all my hormones etc!!! He also said to stop mitrazapine as it looks like it doesnt work for me. So I lowered the dose over a week from 30mg to zero today. I feel a bit anxious:( my anxiety is starting to let me know that is still there:( I wish I could do it without any AD's.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanu View Post
    Hello everyone , I'm new to this forum but am glad I'm came across it, I'm 46 married to Tina, I have 5 kids and a grandchild whose 1 yr old next week, anyway, I have a rare cancer called familial adematotous polyposis Coli , it was diagnosed as terminal recently, over a load of ops in the uk as no hospital in Ireland deals with this cancer , I go to the world renowned st marks hospital In harrow London every 4 months for treatment , I only have 60cms of bowel left and as a last resort to expand my life by a few years I'm waiting on a bowel/ kidney transplant, the main meds I'm on are 240 mg daily of OxyContin , 5 by 600upg actiq, 900 mg lyrica, tamoxifen ,30 mg dalmane, Xanax 15 mg, I was on 15mg mitrazipine but it was upped to 45 mg daily a month ago, I noticed straight away that I started hallucinating , this never happened until the mitrazipine was raised up to 45 mg. the meds above are my daily doses, I'm also on a load of vitamin tabs etc, since I have not enough bowel left to sustain life , I was put on TPN but after a year I got a bad infection and took a massive heart attack , that meant they had to take me off the TPN , since I stopped TPN, I've lost 3 stone in 14 weeks which is why my last option is a transplant , anyway as for the mitrazipine has any one else noticed getting any hallucinations like I'm getting? It feels so real that I'm able to wake myself up from my sleep and talk to my wife as if its real, sometimes once I go back to sleep the same dream continues. Surely it happens other people. As I said this never happened me until I was raised to 45 mg but at the same time I find zispin great for my post traumatic stress disorder,
    Thank you
    John
    Hello John and welcome to the forum.
    I am very sorry to read that you have such serious health problems, it must be extremely stressful for you and I can't pretend to imagine what you must be going through. I only hope you are getting as much support as possible from all sources ie family/friends and the medical professional. I do hope that you are successful in obtaining a transplant and as soon as possible.

Regarding hallucinating on Mirtazapine: I wasn't clear as to whether you are getting these whilst sleeping, as you said that you wake up and talk to your wife as if it's real... or whether these happen in waking hours? Mirtazapine does cause vivid dreaming and it can feel as though you have been hallucinating as the dreams seem so real. I have experienced this but have never experienced hallucinations from this med in waking hours though. You are also on high doses of other meds, so it could be that the combination is causing this.

Do let us know how things are going for you.

Take care now.
    Belle xx

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanu View Post
    Thank you
    John
    Hi JOHN!!! and welcome to NO MORE PANIC Im sorry to hear that you are not well:(
    Hmmmmm I think Mitrazapine its a very weird antidepressant. I would definitely speak to your GP or your consultant. I was on that medication since 26 of september this year until this saturday just gone. It kind of worked on me for the first week I felt great!!! finally could eat as my appetite was very poor when on citalopram. I use to take 20mg off citalopram but then came off it gradually last year as my husband and I wanted to try for a baby. I got pregnant in May but then after few weeks had a miscarriage and I actually coped quiet well with all the trauma but I think 3 weeks after the miscarriage I started to feel anxious and feeling very panicky so I was put back on citalopram but unfortunately it didn't work for me this time round. So anyway I was put on mitrazapine and I was fine I slept well had few weird dreams but nothing too scary just the mornings were horrible !!! I felt like as if I had A VERY BAD HANGOVER!!! But at first when my consultant prescribed mitrazapine he told me that some people experience hallucination or they hear voices. It mite be that mitrazapine doesnt go well with all the other medication you are taking but ask your GP or consultant whether you should feel this way.Everyone is different but please do not worry!!! We are here to support and listen what others has to say

please let us know how you feel!!!!!!

joanna

---------- Post added 27-11-12 at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was 26-11-12 at 23:59 ----------

oh and one more thing I started of 15mg mitrazapine then it was increased to 30 mg and then again it was increased to 45mg and 45 mg made me was spaced out like everything was too much to do:(

Quote Originally Posted by karenp View Post
    Joanne I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling great on Mirtazapine. I came off it a couple of months ago after trying it for 7 months but it didn't even make me sleep. I felt really depressed too and it made my anxiety worse. I just don't think it ever agreed with me as I was really poorly coming off it so now I'm on Cipralex, the newer version of Citalopram and though I'm only on my second week it's been really tolerable compared to normal Citalopram. I've been on normal Cit 3 times before and it always got me well so fingers crossed Escitalopram will too but I agree that you should speak to your doctor as I stayed on Mirtazapine far too long hoping it would kick in and it just never did. All the very best of luck darl xxx
    Hi thank you for your post I have stopped mitrazapine on sunday and I can really feel the side effects of coming off it so quickly!!!! i spent all day on sofa yesterday and today also. I went to see some one from the mental health community and they were shocked that my GP told me to stop it just like that. I really want to try without any medication. Im seriously fed up with all the side effects of this medication while trying to stop and when starting taking it! I dont know how much longer I can take.Im so so fed uo and my GP is an ashole!!!! Im sorry but I feel like there are just looking at me as if I have nothing better to do than coming to see gp's every week. arghhhhh im so angry!! My anxiety is starting to make me feel so down :(

My experience on mIrt... I can vouch for the weight gain side effects. I put on 3 stone in 5 months, although at the time i can remember absolutely stuffing myself with chocolate biscuits, i never felt full, and never felt hungry. I was 16st at the start and ended up at 19st, got put on a glucose tolerance test and then was told i was diabetic, and then I was weighed - i couldnt believe what had happened, and promptly had an awful 2 months of depression trying to come to terms with what i'd done to myself.

it doesnt matter whether the gain is from calorie intake or metabolism, its gain which i didnt need.

So what I would advise is that you weigh yourself regularly once you start taking it, and then you'll know a) no weight gain, no problem b) weight gain - better start buying less choccy biccies. I read somewhere on the internet (so shurely it must be true) that mirt is given to ppl with anxiety/depression that are very underweight in order to help them get their weight back to something more normal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information