Thought I would share my throat issues with the forum as to me it feels like my whole anxiety issue revolves around it.

I have carried a bottle of drink with me everywhere I go since I was around 14/15. I am now 28. I am always constantly swallowing and feeling like it feels weird and I want to gang and throw up at times. My nose has always felt blocked as well as I have never been able to breathe through it properly so maybe that doesn't help, and within the last 5/6 years I have suffered with GERD, I am constantly throat clearing.

One of the weirdest things for me is that, I think when a normal person sorta snorts up and swallows a load of mucus it makes them feel sick right? Well for me when I do that and swallow the mucus it actually calms me down and makes me feel better as it feels like my throat is clearer.... Is that weird?

Anytime I have some kinda panic or anxiety attack it all stems down to the feeling in my throat when I start constantly swallowing feeling like I want to start heaving and be sick. Even when I have been calm, having a laugh stood with friends and talking all of a sudden I will get hit with the knowledge of my swallowing and need to take a drink or vomit. It's a really weird situation for me.

Also another thing I do when I start panicking with the throat issue and racing heart. I will make myself sneeze, just to create that kinda mucus or to clear my throat and relieve a load of pressure from me.