Thread: is this my ocd/anxiety?

Thumbs down is this my ocd/anxiety?

right; I'm back again :( this time with a thought I don't love my boyfriend! for the last few days I've been finding myself picking at his faults and in my head I'm like "err" when I absolutey adore him, I have two little girls with him.. I woke up yesterday and bam, it was like a black cloud over me and the thought "I'm not in love with him/i don't love him" popped into my head, and I had a sense of panic, I keep trying to figure out if I don't love him or its my ocd. don't get me wrong sometimes he annoys me and we want our own space but some days when were out chatting its great, and we dream about our future and what we won't of it. when the thought slips for a bit, I'm think "aww, I do love him so much" then its like my brains telling me I don't and I'm only thinking that because I'm worried I don't love him, its like its a constant arguement in my friggin head and it feels like I'm gunna explode! ..if it is my ocd, do I need higher doseage of medication? bare in mind I feel very depressed the past week and can't get motivated, loss in appetie etc..I really hope its the ocd, the last thing I'd want is to not have him in my life, I just wouldn't keep going :( please can someone give me there thoughts on this! thankyou so much! sorry in advance if it don't make sense xx

Re: is this my ocd/anxiety?

sounds like normal thoughts when in a relationship, you're just over thinking it I think.
    Every single person on your mum and dad's side
    Successfully looked after and passed on to you life.
    What are the chances of that, like?
    It comes to me once in a while
    And everywhere I tell folk it gets the best smile.

JUST CARRY ON REGARDLESS

you said:

"I really hope its the ocd, the last thing I'd want is to not have him in my life, I just wouldn't keep going :( "

From this statement I hope you can conclude this is just your mind playing tricks on you....you DO love your partner. In the past i was advised to let these thoughts enter your head, acknowledge them, but try not to dwell. I understand how you feel (although i do not share this particular worry) as i often feel like one side of my mind argues with the other....back and forth....back and forth!!!! its drainning!!!!
    i do hope you feel better soon....keep seeking advise on here and perhaps visit gp regarding meds and depression....

all the best
    star x

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through hun, I've been through the exact same thing and let me tell you, things do get better.

I have had all different types of thoughts, but the ones about my boyfriend on a scale of 1-10 were the ones that upset me the most. I confided in my boyfriend about my thoughts when I used to think he was ugly or that I didn't love him, and he was totally understanding of the situation once the anger had passed.

Are you on any medication at all, going to therapy? I suggest that this may be beneficial for you and listing down a list of things I love about my partner really made me realize just how lucky I am to be with him and that these thoughts are nonsense.

OCD thoughts are primarily aimed at you imposing fear, you panic about these thought, thus, you know they're not real.

Keep smiling hun, it'll be okay.

If you ever need me, get in touch.

All the best,
    Becky

Thread Information