Thread: Please help!!!! cit to sert and petrified

Please help!!!! cit to sert and petrified

Hi Please help me
    I have been changed from cit today to sertiline and im petrified apparently this one is better for anxiety or in my case the thoughts now.
    The cit helped alot but i still felt fear daily some days worse than others.
    I have been prescribed 50mg, greatful of some success stories especially if this not the first one you tried like me.

Thanks Tracy

Re: Please help!!!! cit to sert and petrified

Hi Tracy

There is a thread on here "Changed from Cit to Sertraline " which may be helpful to you. A few people on this thread have been successful with the change.

Mo x

Hi. I have been on sertraline for just over six weeks and it has been a life saver.
    I was worried at first because I had read that it can take weeks if not months to work but my GP assured me that lots of people had good results within a couple of weeks and thankfully I was one of the lucky ones.
    It did make my anxiety worse to begin with, so much so that I found myself waking with horrible anxiety two or three times a night but then suddenly one night I slept right through and I have not (touch wood) had any night time anxiety since.
    I did have a upset stomach to start with but if I remember rightly this only lasted a few days.
    I had depression also and I found that this started to lift almost immediately.
    I could find few success stories when I started on antidepressants which is one reason why I told myself I would continue to post when I found a one that worked for me.
    I had been on effexor for a number of years but this caused me numerous side effects. I was on six other presciption drugs while on effexor but I found I was able to stop these within weeks of stopping effexor. I just wish I had realised years ago just how badly this drug was effecting me.
    Since coming off effexor I have tried Amitriptyline and Duloxetine but neither worked for me and Duloxetine actually had me suicidal.
    Everyone is different but I hope that Sertraline works for you as well as it has worked for me and as quickly.

Thanks so much Erin
    I just want my life back, dont get my wrong im far better than i was and funtioning but i still have this fear hanging over my that i cant control most days and its not nice. I have 3 kids and a loving husband i want to get bettter for them aswell xx

hi
    I was on cit for 12 weeks with little success and then changed to sert which I have been on 6 weeks now. I have gone back to work after being off for 6 months. I had no side effects to talk of when I swapped and they have made such a difference, was even able to go on holiday to Turkey with three friends two weeks ago, so try them what have you to loose and try not to worry.

Thanks for your replys it helps a bt knowing im not completely alone.
    Stamags how did they change yours???
    Did you feel no better on Cit??? i can function etc... but still not feeling myself like a constant fear hanging over me

hi tj
    When I was on the cit I did improve a bit but not enough to stay on them as I had been on them 12 weeks and was beginning to show depression which I had never had before thats when doc decided to change to sert. I came off the cit over a period of a week with no ill effects, reduced to 10mg for three days then every other day, one day clear with no meds then started the sert with no side effects, has been good so far, although i still can be a bit up and down, no where near as bad as I was on cit.

Thread Information