Thread: Has anyone had this?

Has anyone had this?

Ok well last Thursday night I was awake all night with really bad bladder pain and was in and out of the toilet constantly I had three urals and still wouldnt ease. In the morning it was better but still sore and hurt real bad when I wee.

In the weekend it was on and off sore and woke up Sunday morning with really bad pelvic pain and some stinging on the end of my bladder.

I went to the doctor on Monday afternoon complaining of a burning type feeling at the opening to my bladder and pelvic pain. I thought it was inflammed or something. Doctor took my urine sample and it was an infection so now I am on Trimethoprim.

Taken it for two days already and have three more to go and pelvic pain is gone and same with most of the stinging.

The only problem is that at times it still feels like I have a slight burn at the opening of my bladder and it is bothering me so much. Its always on my mind because Im worried that the antibiotics arent going to get rid of it and Im stuck with this forever and doctors wont know what it is.

But I also think Im over thinking it too much that maybe Im imagining the pain because I am worrying over it. I know the antibiotics are working its just I worry that its not going to get rid of it.

Has anyone else ever had this before? What should I do about it? I keep worrying about it everytime the burn comes along.

Im also more worried about inflammation and Interstital cystitis as I heard thats nasty and I dont want to have it.

Re: Has anyone had this?

Why hasnt anyone replied I was only asking for advice, I thought this was a support forum :(

I know I am late .Wasn't on. You are worrying over much as the pills are all ready working and the antibiotics will stay with you for a while. Cranberry juice is fantastic for flushing your bladder out as well. It takes a while for people to respond on here. Try to give it time top finish working.

Hey

The trouble with a uti is that if you don't recognize the first warning signs and try to either flush it out or treat it and it's left to multiply over several days, The bacteria will spread up through your bladder and make its way to your kidneys causing a hell of alot of pain and discomfort. This is what happened with my first one a few years ago. I hadn't had one before so I ignored the symptoms as distressing as they were and eventually my pelvis and lower back were causing me alot of pain! I then started to spot blood when I did a wee....luckily I was working in pharmacy at the time and was told to go and get some antibiotics quick smart!
    I learnt alot about these things after that first episode as I kept having reoccurring infections for about 2 years. I was told that this happened because I left the infection too long and it caused me to be prone to them.
    I had been taking cranberry tablets as a preventative for the past 4 years but stopped this year and fingers crossed I've been ok so far!

You'll be just fine, these are extremely common and an unfortunate part of life. Stop stressing.

Chances are this will not lead to IC. I was in the same situation last year when I kept getting UTIs one after the other, and I was left with the bladder pain for longer than I should have been. I was convinced I was going to end up with IC and it scared me so much, because the type of pain is really awful and I truly sympathise with anyone who has it.

Well, it might have taken a while but my pain did resolve and that was last year. Yours should go away in time. I have been taking Fem Dophilus which I think has helped, but chances are your pain will resolve naturally as your body heals Hope you're ok?

Thanks everyone. The antibiotics have done their job and I do feel much better. I am on oxybutynin which is a bladder medication and so I upped the dose of that this morning so I didnt have the need to rush off to the toilet and it did work. However there was a bit of a sting still when I did go.

I have had two in the last month and I hope I dont have anymore aye. I think I spotted mine reasonably early as the first sign is pain, urgency and frequency I usually call the doctor if the ural hasnt settled it completely and the pain is still in my bladder.

Anyway thanks for your replies fingers crossed it stays away this time as I do have other minor bladder issues anyway.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Also I use to get them alot as a child but havent had any since high school until now. I have a mild case of overactive bladder which I feel urgent to go when the weather is really cold.

Thread Information