Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts.....

My thoughts.....

I have been a member here for a very long time and can quite honestly say that the site has given me much needed support over the years.

Over the last couple of days I have been angered by the posts that have been appearing which are merely being set up to air personal grievances on a public forum. There is so much venom and hatred in these postings and I'm not easily shocked by such things but I feel compelled to write this post.

This site was set up by Nic as she wanted to share her feelings and fears with like minded people. She also wanted to help others, this was her ultimate aim. She has put so much time and effort into building the site up into the biggest and best there is with more members and postings than on any other forum of this nature. A lot of us contributed financially to the new chat room. We gave willingly as we all used the room and all benefited from it.

Please, please give some thought to how Nic must now be feeling. She has put so much into this site and it is now being abused in an awful way.

Of course I realise that there will always be disagreements on large forums such as this, that is life. But, the type of postings that have been made recently are definately not the kind that should be appearing on our forum. We are here to help people through bad times. Newcomers here will not want to be reading postings such as the ones that have appeared recently. These kind of disagreements etc should be dealt with privately through either PM or MSN or the like. There really is no need for dirty linen to be aired in public. It just fuels the arguments and turns into tit for tat nastiness.

Maybe such posts should be deleted as soon as they appear, I for one would have no problem with this. But of course, this is for Nic to decide.

Please just give a thought to what Nic has put into this site and how lost a lot of us would be if it was no longer available to us. And, finally, please remember that Nic is also a sufferer and this must all be affecting her badly as well.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

I'm not up to writing much tonight but I do want to say that I agree with Kate's post 100%.

Nic puts a tremendous amount of time and effort into keeping this site running and does a lot to support other members. The types of posts that have been appearing recently are no way to repay her hard work and kindness.

Surely we all have enough to deal with already without all this bickering and arguing. I think personal disagreements should be dealt with in private and not aired on the public forum.

The aim of this site is to support each other not to tear each other to shreds.

Please lets give it a rest now and put an end to it once and for all.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hi Kate,

I agree with you also. Poor Nic has a time of it lately with all the bickering goin on. We are all here to help each other and be friends.

Mandy

xx

this site is a life line to many people and has helped people cope through the dark times.

it is one thing to have disagreements - you would expect that anyway on a large site like this but some of the posts are totally degrading and written with such hatred and venom.

Just think how our lives would be without the support and understanding from this site.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Hi one and all - I totally agree with what you say - This site has saved my life and others I am sure and sometimes I read posts and wonder if some of the people on here are not genuine - maybe one or two are just wind ups or people playing with us and our emotions for fun. I hope this site continues because Nicola deserves to be recognised for her idea of this website and the help she and her other colleagues give.

thankyou !! Wenjoy x

Hi everyone,

I don't know where i would be without this site, it has helped me so much, although i hav'nt been here a lot lately (to many arguments!!!), it's good to know that people are here to listen and help you, and in turn we are here to help people who are new and scared and unsure of where to turn.

Keep up the excellent work Nicola.

Take care

Marie XXX

Kate,

I too agree with your post 100% - well done for putting into words what the majority of the folk on here are thinking.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Kate, I agree with you 100% too, this site has been a Godsend for me and so many others. Thanks Nic

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Well said Kate. I agree with all of your comments 100%.

Personal insults have no place here in my opinion. If you do feel the need then please use PM's and keep it away from the majority of us.

Nic is also a sufferer as Kate says. How would others like to have to deal with all of this stuff on top of their own anxiety related issues. Boils down to one simple word : RESPECT.

Respect for Nic, this site and others that use this site.

Please, please, please use PM's to do your slagging if you have to do it and keep it off the main forum. I'm not taking sides as I don't know alot of what goes on as I never go in chat. However, as someone who has benefited hugely from NMP over the past year or more I feel I need to add my support.

We need to be trying to add positivity to people's lives, not more negativity.

Well done Kate.

Hopefully sending out positive vibes to all at NMP!!!!!!

I agree with you too Kate. Thanks Nic and all the other admins.

Scooby2005
    x x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information