Thread: heart related back pain that comes and goes left shoulder blade...heart or nerve?

heart related back pain that comes and goes left shoulder blade...heart or nerve?

Hi Guys

3 months ago I went to my GP with a numb and tingly left arm and pain in my neck/jaw. He moved my head and neck around and said I had a trapped nerve in my arm. He said the pain from this could radiate to my collar bone area.

I then kept getting palpitations so went to the GP who did an ECG which was declared normal.

Now for the past few weeks I keep getting a pain/feeling which is similar to indigestion in my upper left back. It doesnt stay long and just stabs me but then goes again. I have noticed it is worse when sitting in bath or when on laptop now. This has gone on for weeks so I assume any heart related back pain would maybe be more severe?

I have no chest pain

Thanks

Re: heart related back pain that comes and goes left shoulder blade...heart or nerve?

You are describing perfectly muscular pain, I get this from degenerated discs in my thoracic spine and I get sharp pains in shoulder blades or inbetween ribs at front or ribs at back in fact all over my thoracic region.

If you had had a heart attack this would show up on ecg as would any other serious heart problem.

By all means go back to GP for reassurance but he will probably refer you for physio instead!

Re: heart related back pain that comes and goes left shoulder blade...heart or nerve?

thanks country girl

Thread Information