Thread: Mirtazapine + Escitalopram Combination

Mirtazapine + Escitalopram Combination

Hi All

Have just started taking escitalopram (10mg) in addition to 45mg of Mirtazapine that I have been taking for the last 6 months. On second day now and I am starting to feel quite restless and anxious.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences? Been prescibed several different SSRI / SNRI before but have always seem to get quite a quick positive effect with minimal side effects at the begining.

Re: Mirtazapine + Escitalopram Combination

Hi Richie,glad I'm not alone here yes my doc put me on this as I'm wanting to get off mirtz and she thought going on this would help with anxiety while trying to come lower down on my benzos, and mirtz but the anxiety and restlessness is bad and I'm only on 2.5 I know they say in the early days you will feel like this but I have also got bad headaches and gi issues too,I'm wondering if this combo is just too much for our CNS ,I'm going to see my doc to see if a betta blocker may help a bit as it has in the past,I want to get Rid off the anxiety but it's making things worse it's frustrating trying to know to do do.,I'm not sure if I will stay on this,hope there are others more helpful to make a solution cos it's not good I know it should be easier than this,but finding the right mix is hard
    Good luck to you ....

Thread Information