Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fluxotine User!

New Fluxotine User!

Helloo..this is my 6th day on this medication and i havn't felt a thing yet..am i in for a rough ride??

Re: New Fluxotine User!

Hi there,
    I have been taking fluoxitine for 2 weeks now, and have already felt it working. I havent really had any side effects either, so I am lucky! They can take 2-4 weeks to work, and my doc says I may have to be on them for a year or more.
    Hope they start working for you soo,
    All the best,
    Kara xxx

First time ariound I had no side effects but this time had a sinus infection which seemed to magnify everything. x

Thanks guys..we shall see how things go!

Heyo. I've been on Fluoxetine for a couple of weeks now. I feel better, but I think I still have a bit to go to feel the full effects of it. I'm staying positive that it'll all work out. Hang in there.

Hi Guys..well i'm on day 11 and everything is going really well..my anxiety has seemed to vanish and i feel quite normal again!I'm feeling more confident about myself!I'm glad i took them when i did as it's also helping me with the break up of my boyfriend which only happened over the weeknd :(

Hi guys
    I'm on day 12, and I started to feel better since day 7 however I definitely have side effects. It makes my stomach so acid. I made a mistake yesterday of waiting too long to eat and felt terrible after... still don't know it its fluoxetine or food poisoning but I feel sick, nausea, wet hands, dizzy... quite terrible.
    Anyone has had this?? I just want to feel good

Fluoxetine can cause stomach acid - was on it for many years - a great a/d. It does wear off but if it continues ask your doc for some Omeprazole that should shift it and it is painful. On Citalopram and developed gastritis - again Omeprazole got rid of it.

Hope you get on well with Fluoxetine - it seems to be working quickly for you all. Took me 12 weeks and was on it for 15 years until it stopped working but gave it a good run. Just trying to find another that works as well!

Laura

Thank you Laura
    Hope this feeling goes away soon. I'm trying to eat something but is hard with this nausea. I really want to be again the person I used to be... I really hope I can...

I think i have lost abit of weight on this i see what u mean by the stomach acid it's not nice..iv'e hardly wanted to eat anything just lately..hope it will pass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information