Thread: Oh God

Oh God

Hiya , Nice forum .. Just joined ....Anyone relate??

I dont know what to do anymore. Its doing my head in . I know i would have a better life if i went out and met people or if i had a job because that would be where to start...

To start mixing with people and learning social skills etc . But i just cant.

Before i was anxious all the time about not having a gf , Now i had that for 2 years and decided to call it a day as i felt on my part that i wasnt "up " to the relationship ..

Now im back alone 25, Living on my own . No proper friends , No Job and stuck on incapacity for Social anxiety /Gad/ Depression/ avoident personality etc.

Ive been on this since i left school , I grew up with a shitty childhood most of wich all i can remmeber is my parents arguing non stop , Went on antidepressants at 17 after dropping from college due to anxiety ...

I really feel all over the place right now and cant stress how much im currently worrying about what im going to do about my ****ed up life...

Its not like i enjoy sat here isolating myself but where do we start when the only real people you see in life is your dad or mom ( Sorry for the people who dont have either/both) But the point is

Where do i begin . I tried cbt , it helpd me cope with breathing etc .Sorry for been long just felt i needed to get this one off my chest

forgot to mention im currently on martazipine . But not taken more than 2 cos it made me feel worse . And currently sleeping tablets .. I cant sleep at all ... cheers
    Last edited by t1987; 16-06-12 at 19:09. Reason: E2A

Re: Oh God

so sorry to hear your going through rough time of it. hope you feel better soon.

as for taking your martazipine, need to take them for longer period about upto 6 weeks before you will feel the benefit of taking martazipne.

Re: Oh God

Yes for your meds to work the can take between 4-6 weeks for them to work and fully get into your system, give them a chance, you may be surprised. You may have some side effects but they only normally last up to two weeks, you just have to ride them out and you can always post on here if they are really troubling you. There are many many really nice people on here who would be happy to talk to you.
    Hey I'm 34, a single mother of two boys, 15 and 8 and I live alone. I have BPD, OCD with depression and anxiety and it's very hard. I am also on sick benefit and have about two friends who I hardly see.
    It's not so bad now, at first it was very lonely but I look at my sons and feel proud and that's what keeps me going. They are both lovely kids, polite, kind and curteous and my 15 year old is very clever. I look at them and think 'I did that' and it makes me smile.
    I'm not saying you should go out and have kids lol but if you could find something you could focus on, a hobby maybe, something you enjoy? I love gardening so I got a voluntary job in the nurserys in our local country park, just a couple of hours a week and it helped me. It's just small steps that you feel comfortable with and gradually build it up. Do you have a cpn or support worker? They can be great help.
    Give your meds a chance and maybe go see your gp again for a long chat, thats what they are there for.

Kez xx

Thread Information