Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about Rabies

Re: Worried about Rabies

Not too sure about Prozac, I have taken it in the past but not as a starting treatment, I was on Citalopram then switched to Prozac.

Unless someone else knows I would expect it will take several weeks or more to feel the effects like other SSRI meds.

They can work very well however for panic and anxiety and as long as you can rough out any initial side effects and maybe feel a bit more anxious for a few weeks you should do well and get your old un-frazzled brain back

Steve

Hi, I've had health fears about many things including rabies. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that what dripped on you was saliva. Sounds like damp cave. Honestly I don't think you contracted rabies. Normally you'd have TI be actually bitten. Hope this helps.

Fluoxetine will help. Your situation is nearly identical to mine of a few years ago. I completely empathise. I am very sorry for you because I know the nightmare you're enduring. Please take fluoxetine daily and don't even think about ever giving it up. It will simply bring your state of mind in line with what's "normal". This is not a failing in you. It's a condition that's inflicted on you and it requires honesty, courage and medication to deal with it. I'm almost in tears writing this, because I remember my terrors, which included exactly the one you specify. So take your fluoxetine daily without fail. These mortal terrors and other paranoid anxieties will subside. You will be liberated from debilitating mortal fears - or the worst of them at least. Fluoxetine has changed my life to the point that I can function without constant anxieties and outbursts for which I was constantly apologising. Take the tablets and consider doing to to be a lifelong thing. I'll be thinking of you. Show your husband this message and email me directly if you want to x.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information