Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trying to remain postitive

trying to remain postitive

Day 5 of Citalopram 10mg and day 33 of propranolol 40mg. Each day bring a different side effect. Today has been the worst ever nausea & vomiting plus being hyper anxious. I am getting tired of this now.
    I know these SE will pass and I will begin to see the tablets benefits. It's hard to stay positive when you feel so useless.

Re: trying to remain postitive

Of course the side effects will pass!

I am also on Day 5 of Citalopram (20mg). I have also been having horrific side effects.

It's really tough going isn't it? But you WILL start feeling benefits within the next few weeks.

Don't give up - someone told me the other day that many people give up on the drugs after just a few days because they are not working or because the side effects are too much. Even my GP told me that I will unfortunately have to feel much worse before I feel a lot better.

Hang in there - keep on going. At the moment it does feel like a prison sentance of sorts - I am counting down the days but they're dragging along. I just want to get into week 3 because that's when it all starts getting much easier apparantly.

You will look back on all of this when you're feeling better and say "yeah, that was hard - but I got through it!"

Don't give up - SSRIs are infamous for their side effects and difficult activation phases. It WILL ease and get better.

Thanks Monostich for your reply. It's good to know that people on this forum can relate to these horrid side effects and support one another.
    I will stick it out and weather the storm. I want to get back to normal and return to work. I not use to having so much time on my own.
    have a good week.

You too. And I know exactly how you feel. I want to get back to work as well, I am self employed too so don't get anything for being sick - another worry!

I have been on these tablets at 40mg strength for two weeks. Started out needing a lot of sleep and sleeping through the night. But at the end of the week last week I was a mess. two days of tears all day and feeling like there was no hope. today I helped my ex girlfriend pack up her stuff as she is moving out and i managed to keep it together .Still cant believe i did it and coped. She has been the contributing factor to my current state so it proves they can work ,just stick with it. What will tomorrow bring?

Oh that tough , a big worry at a time like this.

did you start off on 10mg of Cit and if so when did the Gp up the dose.
    Are you having any talking therapy.
    I hope things improve for you soon. Reading other trends on this site it seems that their are lots of positive results from Cit.
    Take care.

I was on a different AD for 10 weeks starting on 10mg then 20mg and then no effect at all .the Dr then put me straight onto 40mg of cit.He said i was the second person that day that needed changing. Mornings are still hard to get going as everything seems like a huge deal but as soon as you are vertical things get better. I find having a very basic task first thing in the day starts a positive frame of mind.I started today with sawing some fire wood. In the past few weeks i have managed to paint the out side of my house ,re varnish the windows and attend a job interview. Last year i wouldn't have given any of these tasks a second thought. Two months ago just the tought of painting the house sent me off to bed in tears. It's only now when i look back i see i have made progress.You will do the same but it does take time and you have to be patient with yourself. good luck and keep thinking forwards.

Hi,
    Sorry to hear how you are feeling. But I can tell your the side affects will definitely stop and they will be worth it.
    I had awful side effects at first and kept wondering if it was worth it but it was. Obviously I do still have down days but I have been on citalopram for nearly 3 years now xx

Thanks guys for the replys. I will struggle on with the side effects.

Keep going!
    When I first started Citalopram it was very difficult... firstly, I felt no positive effects whatsoever for about 6 weeks. It was making me over-emotional and completely depressed... all in all, not helping! If you persevere and stick with it, you'll begin to feel better. SSRIs are notorious for being difficult to activate, but I promise if you keep going, you'll reap the benefits. I completely empathise with your suffering having been there myself...keep at it and you'll be fine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information