Thread: So angry and upset CPN/PSYCH

So angry and upset CPN/PSYCH

Hey everyone.

I feel so let down by my CPN and Psychiatrist. I have been really struggling with sleep lately. Sometimes I don't sleep for a full 48 hours, sometimes 24 hours and there is the occassional night when I manage to get between 1-5 hours. I have to be up at 7.30 every morning and I'm totally exhausted mentally and physically.
    I have tried everything, no caffine or food after a certain time, no horror movies, no tv in my room ect ect. I do all the right things and yet I still lie in my bed for hours on end with the world lying heavy on my shoulders.
    I just can't function right now, I am moody and snappy, miserable and tearful, all because I am so tired.
    So anyway my CPN came on a visit and saw the state of me. She said she would see my psychiatrist about prescribing me some zopiclone for 1 week just so I could get back on track. She called me 2 days later and said my psych said I'm better asking my gp for it because they could monitor me more closely.
    I told her that they wouldn't just give it me that way, that either one of them would have to fax the doctors with the request. But she said no it wouldn't be a problem just go ask for it and they would prescribe it to me. She said to tell the doc to ring her if there was a problem.
    So I booked my appointment for friday morning...I didn't get the meds. The exact thing happened that I said would. The first thing the doc said was that they hadn't had anything from the psych or my cpn so they couldn't give it to me. Why didnt she just listen to me? You would think someone of her experience would know this. The doc even rang her and she we found that she doesn't even work on fridays!
    I started crying because I knew I would be going 3 more days with no sleep, I feel like she let me down and it was something that was so simple, it would have taken her 2 minutes to send the surgery a fax. I have an appointment with her in the morning and I know I'm going to be hostile towards her...I suppose I'm just ranting because I am so tired

Kez x

Re: So angry and upset CPN/PSYCH

Hi Kez.
    It does seem like you are going through the mill lately your phychiatrist should be able to perscribe you drugs i was under my hospitals dept around ten year ago and they did it for me,i would keep your cool with the CPN i used to have one and he did not perscribe and was reluectant to get involved in anything other then talking therapy.

I would suggest though you could press your CPN to at least send a fax,sorry to say this though your GP sounds less then helpful,as they could have given you a short course of something to help you sleep,as your GP would know what other meds you were on have you thought about seeing another GP in the practice or meeting more regularly with your Phychiatrist.

If you need a chat feel free kez.

Hey thanks Richard.

I know what you mean. I had to see a locum doctor otherwise I would have had to have waited until the middle of next week to see my regular doc. The doc I saw was pleasant enough but she looked so young, like she had only just graduated or something, I felt so silly talking to her and crying like I did just because I was probably 10 years older than her.
    I will be ok with my CPN but I will be letting her know how unhappy I am with the way it was dealt with, I will also be asking her to phone my docs to instruct them to write me a prescription. It's nearly 2.30am and my mind won't close down, plus I'm worried about going to bed incase my thoughts start...I did something really bad last night and I don't want it to happen again.
    I'm next seeing my psych on 12th july, I can only see him every 3 months I think

Hi Kez
    I know what you mean about young GPs one of the ones i saw at my own practice did not understand mental health problems as such or even my very varied mental health history to prescribe,i would not worry about breaking down crying i did it twice in hospital last week whist being detoxed mental health makes people feel very emotional.

I now see the senior partner he does understand and will prescribe me enough drugs until i can see him next,perhaps you could see the doctor you trust most and ask them for that.

You have to be very lucky to get a GP who understands mental health issues as i have found out,one young GP when i first was ill around ten years ago virtually told me to snap out of it,thankfully i have found some good GPs since then,but in my surgery of three GPs only one really understands mental health issues Kez.

Well I have been with this practice for a as long as I can remember and there is one doc there that I always try and see. She is so lovely and knows me very well, luckily she did used to work on the mental health wards before becoming a gp. She also does a lot for mental health in the hospital. She really is nice. Unfortunely though you need to book about two weeks in advance to see her.
    I finally got to sleep at around 5am and I was up at 7.45am, I feel like a zombie. Thanks Richard.

Thread Information