Thread: sleep sweats/palps/sleep disturbance

sleep sweats/palps/sleep disturbance

Hi all
    Hope everyone is ok tonight xx

The last while ive been waking up through the night, wide awake. Bought a black out blind for the window and that helped a great deal and i was managing to get back to sleep no problem.
    Thats changed now, coming up to last weekend i would be waking up approx every 2 hours, but again managing to turn over and get back to sleep pretty quickly. Not really being tired much when i get up the next day, just put it down to the light nights again.
    Last night though it was a different story...........i went to sleep just before midnight, woke at 2am feeling like i had been in a pot of hot water!!! I was feeling very very hot and and was sweating heaps, and my heart was racing over 100. I got out of bed and was flapping my nightie to get some air onto my skin, went downstairs to the bathroom which was cooler, noticed in the mirror my cheeks were very red and were burning hot. Back upstairs and got a baby wipe and wiped all over my upper body trying to cool myself down, helped a bit. Changed into a very thin nightie and got out a sheet to sleep with and discarded the duvet.
    Started to panic as heart was still quite fast and i was still rather hot and sweaty. Was now wide awake and in very scared. Got my phone and came on here for some advice but my stupid stupid iphone is not compatable with adobe so couldnt load the chatroom!!!
    So lay there till 3.30am before finally dropping off. Woke again at 5am and then again at 7am but was feeling normal then.
    All day today ive felt like my face was hotter than normal, like id been out in the sun (im in scotland, no chance of that lol) and its scaring me again as im afraid to go to bed tonight!!
    anyone any ideas on what this couldve been?? my sister said maybe a hot flush, never had one before.
    oh - im female, and 40

Re: sleep sweats/palps/sleep disturbance

This sounds like my first anxiety attack.. .sweaty , racing heart in the middle of the night. I get them from time to time...

Hiya

I think it's night sweats, I get them every night. One minute I'm baking hot and within a few moments I go cold
    Take a trip to see your gp and explain as there is a blood test they can do to check your hormones

Take care

Trish x

Thanks for your replies, how do you cope with that every night Trish? i would be a nervous wreck!!
    i made an appointment for the doc this wednesday, i know that my hormones were checked approx 3 years ago and they were normal then but that was 3 years ago.
    just going to bed now!! scared it will happen again, will be back here in the wee hours if it does!!!
    nite

Hiya I'm in bed now and I can feel the heat rising the back of my neck is soaking! It's just something us females have to put up with . I don't take hrt out of choice but it does help some. Try not to worry about it it won't harm you.I'm typing onmy phone so excuse me if you cant read or understand this. Hugs Trish x

Thread Information