Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am in need of a very large hug!

I am in need of a very large hug!

Ok, so currently it's 1:46 am and I do not for-see any signs of sleep at all. Had a pretty horrific evening today around maybe 6 ish or so. I was at my friends house having an other friends car looked at. We managed to get the car in the shop and was in the midst of opening the hood when what sounded like a head on collision happened just to the side of the driveway. So, we walked out to see what the noise was about and my friend started calling out for his dog Bear. At that moment I knew what that sound actually was. Bear was a 9 1\2 month old Rottweiler pup with a freaking heart full of life! He was hit at over 100 km an hour and destroyed the VW that hit him. Once my friend seen Bear on the side of the road it was over. That was basically his child lying there lifelessly in a pool of blood. I can now distinctively remember every detail and am going over and over, The sound just keeps going. I liked that dog a lot and it saddens me to no end to think that a life was wasted (be it human or not). So, about a minute after the accident I grabbed up his truck and backed up to Bear so that he could be loaded to the gate and transported him back to the house. There were two children at the house at the time and we had to divert them away so that I could back up without being seen to where he was being buried. Me and my other friend dug out a grave for bear to rest and I helped place him.

My day was sucking to begin with then this! I did all I could to help him out with the situation.

I am sill now going over what happened earlier and not by choice. I have been in too many of these situations before and I'm hoping this will be the last.

It's not often I speak on this site unless it's important. wish I didn't have to speak at all today.

---------- Post added at 06:28 ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 ----------

Yeah, I also forgot to mention that during all this my anxiety was through the roof! And that sensation of all my limbs on fire from panic was ever present too. but I managed to get through it so far.

In my life I have dealt with death more times that the average person and that does not make it any easier.

Re: I am in need of a very large hug!

here is a big hug from me

Thank you very much.

BIG HUGS FOR YOU

from me

Hi
    Sorry to hear about this and hoping your ok
    Manda

Thanks all for the thoughts

Doing much better today with everything now that I have had time to think about everything that occurred yesterday. I believe that the real problem I was having was not in the event itself, but the events that followed. Seeing a friend like that completely explode into bits in grief is way worse than than the fact that his dog died instantly on the road.

All I need now is some sleep!

What a good friend you are. Get some rest.
    Vx

to you and your friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information