Thread: Anyone felt like this before?

Anyone felt like this before?

I actually feel like harming myself a week before my menses. When I get PMS its like Im really depressed and cant be around people and I just feel like crying and not stopping. I am now getting into the habit of wanting to harm myself such as making myself bleed or vomit or other harming stuff.

It scares me soooo much and I dont know how to deal with it. Its like I feel so different and so not myself and then when its over I am my usual normal happy self again.

I am on the pill and even if I skip my body still seems to know when it should be due to come and the PMS still happens. I was thinking about having my period at random times and confusing my body but I dont know how that would work.

I have tried evening primrose oil and it use to work but it doesnt anymore. It kind of freaks me out sometimes and dont know what to do about it.

DOes anyone actually have any ideas how I can combat this or lessen it so it doesnt get in my way of things?

Re: Anyone felt like this before?

Is anyone going to answer :(

I was hoping that I would get some support from someone about this. I always give lots of people support on here and yet I hardly get anything back :(

Hey, I'm sorry you feel like this. I can't be much help but I didn't want to 'read and leave'.

I've always felt different about a week before I'm due and get really irritated about stupid little things although at the time it feels like the end of the world.

I think it's maybe best if you speak to your doctor about how you feel and they might have some suggestions. I changed to a female doctor recently and I'm getting on so much better cos it feels like she understands, could you do this if you haven't already?

Hope you get some answers soon xx

THanks. Yeah I have a female doctor too. I always mean to ask her but everytime I go its usually for something else that is more important at the time.
    Do you think gynacologists know much about this and are able to help?

There are loads of things that can be done so please do speak to your doc and they can treat this - something simple like the pill maybe?

Sorry I never replied before - I never saw this

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRoxy View Post
    I was hoping that I would get some support from someone about this. I always give lots of people support on here and yet I hardly get anything back :(
    I feel like that too on my posts sometimes so I know it is hard

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

aww thanks nomorepanic your really sweet.

Yeah I think this post was something that I wanted help with instantly and someone to talk to that was why I felt a bit upset. I do understand that posts dont get answered straight away.

I talked to my gynocologist and she suggested I see my gp for an anti depressant to take only around that time. Unfortunately I am on the pill and it doesnt do anything. Its like my body still knows. I think I feel like the anti depressant is the only option to do esp since I feel like I want to hurt myself when I feel like that.

Sorry, been away for the week due to a death in the family. She doesn't think it might be the pill you are on? I have heard some people reacting poorly to the BCP they are on adn switching due to anxiety or depression, but I am not a doc so I'd trust your doc. Are you on any other meds? Maybe see what the GP says, if he/she agrees with the gyno it may be worth trying. That sounds quite rough though so I hope you feel better.

I do get quite low at that time of the month and it can sometimes be a result of the hormone change. What about one of the pills that you take constantly without a period break all year?

Yeah Ive just changed pills to help with my skin too. My gyno said that usually the pills that arent funded support PMS better so whether I save up each week and have the money to get me a three month course to help it which is what Im thinking of doing. But in the meantime I was thinking of anti depressants only for that week. My gyno said I have to talk to my gp about it. I only hada gyno appt to book a date for a laparoscopy so I just thought I would ask her while I was there.

But yeah its intense and it makes me anxious thinking I have to go through it every month.

Thread Information