Thread: i cant brethe

i cant brethe

oh my god, im so scared i think somethings wrong i feel like im gonna stop brething cos it feels so hard to breathe my boyfriends gone 0out n im on my own, i dont kno wnag to do im so scared. help plese xxx.

Hi Michelle,

Could you go into chat for a while as everyone there is so friendly and helpful and they will all make you feel better.

Hope you feel better soon

Mandy

xx

Michelle,
    I agree with Mandy. Head into chat and someone can help you thru it. If that isn't possible - then just slow down your breathing and find something to do (busy work - doesn't matter what it is) to take your mind off it.
    Take care and feel better soon.
    xxxx
    Sandy

Michelle,

You won't stop breathing, it's impossible. It's one of those automatic things our body does. Do not fight what is happening to you, sit there and say to yourself "bring it on", let the adrenaline run it's course. Nothing will harm you physically, I promise.

Just remember, you will continue breathing even when you feel you cannot. You will not die, and you are your own little safe place. Whether your boyfriend is around or not, you are still your own place and it is safe.

Please read some material my Claire Weekes when you get a chance. I am basically passing on the advice from her book to you because it worked for me.

We're here for you,

Joe

“If you think growing up is tough, then you're just not grown up enough.” - Steven Page, Barenaked Ladies

Thread Information