Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Sad about my little dog...

Unhappy So Sad about my little dog...

I realise now what has triggered the resurgance of my depression.
    I have to get rid of my 1-year-old dog because the wife just cant get on with him.

It's a "me or the dog" kind of thing, so I cant see any other way around it.
    He's a lovely little thing, border collie / lurcher cross. Only three legs now after he ran off in January and got hit by a van, (there's actually a lovely story about that), but you wouldn't know it to look at him scamper about - in fact it took the vet's receptionist 5 minutes to notice his missing leg while she was strokng him the other day.

Well, looks like he has to go tomorrow.
    (Unless anyone in the Oxford area fancies a new friend?)

Re: So Sad about my little dog...

Oh no that's so sad. Why is your wife so against the wee dog?

He's still a puppy, so he digs, chews stuff - the usual thing.
    The REALLY sad thing is that he's over most of that but she cant forgive him for digging up her plants last year or chewing the kitchen chairs.

Given a couple more months he'd be perfect.... sigh.

Um can i ask where the dog is going?

Newbury Dog's Trust

Awwwwww look huni i know you're really upset but my adivce on this situation is.....Keep the dog and get rid of the wife. Lol...Ok so the dog dug up some flowers and chewed some stuff. Big deal!!..My dog did all that at the same age and i still have him 12 years later..He also ran off and got knocked down same as your dog, he lost toes and has a massive scar but they managed to save the leg. I'd never part with him no matter what anyone threatened me with.

I have a very very naughty springer spaniel who is 2 this month - thanks to him I have hardly any skirting board that remains unchewed in the kitchen, none at all in the utility and my kitchen table and chairs have been personally customised by his chewing

But my dogs are my saviours - I love them to bits and they help me in my darkest hours and it just seems such a shame that you have to get rid of your dog when he is coming out of his "naughty" stage.

Can you not tell your wife exactly how you feel and can you not renegotiate?

And just one other thing which really bugs me is that a dog really is for life unless they are vicious or you cannot provide a safe living environment - surely you and your wife agreed on this dog before it was brought home ??

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Awwwwww look huni i know you're really upset but my adivce on this situation is.....Keep the dog and get rid of the wife. Lol...Ok so the dog dug up some flowers and chewed some stuff. Big deal!!..My dog did all that at the same age and i still have him 12 years later..He also ran off and got knocked down same as your dog, he lost toes and has a massive scar but they managed to save the leg. I'd never part with him no matter what anyone threatened me with.
    I didn't have the bottle to post what you did miss blond.

The wife is asking alot from you especially taking into consideration what you and your little friend has been through. My dog did the same, we bought him a muzzle, he could still drink but couldn't chew, he soon learned the rules. My dog is 5 now and he listens to everything i say.

On a lighter note, you could try locking them both in the cellar and see who appreciates you the most when you open the door

Quote Originally Posted by blue October View Post
    I didn't have the bottle to post what you did miss blond.

The wife is asking alot from you especially taking into consideration what you and your little friend has been through. My dog did the same, we bought him a muzzle, he could still drink but couldn't chew, he soon learned the rules. My dog is 5 now and he listens to everything i say.

On a lighter note, you could try locking them both in the cellar and see who appreciates you the most when you open the door

Well said.

P.s i am the naughty admin around here so i will get told off later. Lol xx

Well, this is our second dog as a family, so we BOTH (see the stress on 'both') know what's involved. Both dogs were rescue dogs.
    I've had dogs all my life and yes, they really ARE the best kind of friends.

Unfortunately, not everyone knows the fruits of tolerance and patience...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information