Thread: Citalopram and Herbal Supplements

Citalopram and Herbal Supplements

I just started Citalopram last week, so I am still pretty new on it. I take 20 mg once a day and I also have Ativan 2mg as needed which so far as been once a day. I was getting very scary intense panic attacks that would be followed up with fear/anxiety of having another one for days. Most days I am too scared to leave the house by myself (since I have kids with me). I have also been depressed for a long time.

Anyhow, I wanted to start taking vitamins and minerals as my vit d was dangerously low and I was starting to think what else might be low. While I had a poor diet for many years (I literally drank only soda and ate processed foods, plus I smoked cigarettes and pot) I have turned around in that aspect. I eat well now, don't smoke anything, and drink tons of water. I am still too scared to exercise.

So I got myself Rainbow Light multi-vitamin for women, b complex, calcium/magnesium, vit d3, and zinc. All Rainbow Light except the zinc and d3. I am now noticing Rainbow Light likes to add random herbal supplements to their formulas which I normally don't mind but I am started to worry about interactions.

What herbs interact with Citalopram? And can it be bad? From my google search I only found gingko, st johns, kava kava, and gotu kola. I checked on all my bottles and the b complex as gotu kola :O I already took it too.

Is this okay? Should I be worried? Can I continue taking it or do I need to buy a new b complex?

Thank you <3
    Jen

Re: Citalopram and Herbal Supplements

Hi,
    I've been on Citalopram 20mg for a few months as I was having obsessive negative thoughts. That has cleared up but today I can't keep still and am rocking back and forth on my computer chair (akathesia), also I feel confused and a bit strange. The only difference in my diet today was about 3 mugs of Chicory drink, so does anyone know whether its that? I am on the Paddison Program for Rheumatoid Arthritis which is a vegan diet with loads of green leafy veg, salad, baked sweet potatoes, baked potatoes and celery, cucumber and beetroot vegetable juice. I have a rice cooker, I drink loads of different herbal teas which elevate my mood. I have an Ozone purifier and drink 2 pints of Ozonated water twice a day. I have a full body mat PEMF device which I do 40 minutes of once or twice a day and I take various supplements. I don't eat junk foods or drink. I don't drink alcohol or abuse drugs anymore. I used to abuse them in the 70s and had LSD psychosis ie schizophrenic breakdown in 1975 aged 20 so I take Olanzapine 20mg and zopiclone 7.5mg

Thread Information