Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin 300mg to 450mg

Question Pregabalin 300mg to 450mg

Hi Guys

I am changing my dosage from 300mg to 450mg as per instructions. Has anyone had a similar change? If so has it helped any? Has it made any difference? I suffer from anxious thinking has it helped anyone with that? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks
    Steven

Re: Pregabalin 300mg to 450mg

Hi mate,

I think it did help. I went up from 300mg/d and 450mg/d did feel better.

I am supposed to take 3 x 200mg capsules but sometimes forget to take the lunch time one - I feel more relaxed taking it.

Dan x

Hi Steven,

Yes, increasing the dose helped me.

Pregabalin only has a fairly short half life of about six hours, so spreading taking it out over the day can help maintain a steady level. Alternatively, I take 400 mg at bedtime, because mornings are when I am most likely to experience anxious feelings. Since doing this, I have only occasionally woken up feeling anxiety.

Hope this helps,

Hanshan

Thumbs up Re: Pregabalin 300mg to 450mg

Thanks Dan and Hanshan...

I did read that 450mg - 600mg has more effect with anxiety although you have to build up to that dosage. I started on 150mg - 225mg - 300mg to 450mg and I hope to get some good effect from that. I will keep you guys posted on my results....

Steven

I'm on 300mg and not sure its doing anything still bloomin anxious.

Maybe I need a higher dose but on 300mg I'm dizzy etc.Shrink away for 2 weeks so cant do anything anyway
    Would like to hear from someone who thinks pregablin works

not you Dan!!!!!!

joy

Hi Joy

I think they are working. I have read that going up to higher doses seems to have better results for anxiety. It is only my second day on the higher dose but will keep you posted on any improvement.

Steven....

Thumbs up Re: Pregabalin 300mg to 450mg

Day 5 on the higher dose do think they are working. I am pretty sure my anxious thoughts have went down. I will certainly continue to take them although have been putting on the weight. Ah well if that's the price for peace of mind then

yes do let me know yesterday had a really good day, no anx what so ever, today not so sure.

Joy

Hi Joy

They are a funny tablet as they seem to just level me out. Not used to feeling like that ... I think what they have done is stopped me reaching for Diazepam and Codeine like I normally do. I still take Codeine but not so much and have managed to lay off the diazepam. I have been getting counselling as well. I will keep you posted Joy. I am starting a new job shortly so that will be the big test.

All the best
    Steven

Hi i had mine upped from 225 to 375 for two reason first is to help treat nerve pain but mainly for my anxiety, my doctor wants me to stop taking it but i had to use the system to get the dose upped but my dental team will keep me on it so have ways to keep it as it seem to work wonders for anxiety.

But my biggest moan about it is weight gain since starting it have gained over a stone and with being over weight to start with is a bugger. Looking to have to tell a white lie to start a vlcd on the internet to lose weight but have to fill out a medical form and if you are on certain scripts they will not allow you to do one. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information