Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any advice on how to loose weight its really dragging me down

any advice on how to loose weight its really dragging me down

Hello
    Just wondering if anyone has any tips for me on how to loose weight successfully. I want to have a healthy diet in general so I won't just immediantly put the weight back on. I don't know how many calories I should be having? How. And when I should weight myself etc?
    This has been making me very depressed for some time now. Not wanting to go out. Not wanting to see people. And I am trying to stay strong and determind and loose weight and exercise. As I don't want to live like this anymore.
    Any advice would be helpful please xxx

Re: any advice on how to loose weight its really dragging me down

i have been going to slimming world and found it great. Lost loads and it is all just basically healthy eating. if you can't go to class you can do it online.x

Thanks for that I will have a look into it xxx

Weight watchers or Rosemary Conley classes are good too
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 01-07-12 at 00:02.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anyone got any tips on how to stay motivated and things like that please? Xxx

Reduce portion sizes, replace main meal with soup and toast, bean soup or chuncky soup. Instead of snacking make smoothies, if you have a blender, out of fruit and fruit juice. No fizzy drinks only water, I drink sparkling water.

I think woman calories per day is aprox 2000 and for a man 2500, if you are trying to lose weight take off a couple of 100 calories.

If you look on supermarket websites they will display number of calories for most items they sell.

BobbyDog

To find out how many calories you need per day (without doing anything, ie if you laid in bed all day) look up a BMR calculator. Then to find out what you need per day for your activity levels you need to use the Harris Benedict equation

Harris Benedict Formula
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Then to lose 1lb a week reduce your calories by 500 a day. 3500 kcals = 1lb loss

Sorry I would post links but I can't as not enough posts.

It all depends on your height and current weight, its something of a very general guide of the governments saying a woman need 2000kcals a day. If I ate that many I would gain weight as I am short and petite!

Oh best to weigh yourself of a morning after using the toilet. Also try to weigh in only once, twice at most a week as for a gradual weight loss it will not show up on a daily bases, possibly not even a weekly bases. All depends on the speed your aiming at. Small changes in my opinion are better, and longer lasting than dieting full on.

im on a diet i was a size 18 last october im a size 12 now its taken me nine months to get here its always hard at first but as you see the results its so worth it my weight has really yo yo'd through the years and it was really getting me down so i knew i had to take action i just stopped drinking normal pepsi and went onto pepsi max.

i also stopped eating stuff that was loaded with saturated fat they do say that a woman should have no more than 70grams of fat a day and a man 80 grams of fat a day i started having about 30 grams when i first started having light butter and low fat cheese instead of full fat.

i would have an apple or orange for breakfast and a sandwich like ham or boiled egg sandwich and a low fat packet of chrisps for lunch.

then i wouldent have any thing till about 6pm at night when i would have my dinner
    chicken steaks jacket potatoes salad things like this for dinner dont have anything fryed you can get weight watchers bacon thats really nice and there sausages are nice make sure you grill everything and if you really have to fry it if your having a meal like steak then use the new flora oil which has 70% less fat.

keep doing this and you will see the weight come off dont listen when people say that diets dont work they do but you just have to stay commited to it.
    some days are still really hard for me and there are days when i want to cry because i miss my favorite foods but then i remember what compliments my family and friends give me and it keeps me motivated.

try not to snack in between meals and if you get hungry have some fruit.
    sometimes you make think your hungry but you may need water thats what i did.

nothing is more harder than dieting so i wish you all the bestxxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

R.Barratt...may I be terribly rude and ask how much you actually weigh? Just so I know you are not annorexic - I would feel terrible if I had given you dieting advice and then found out you are underweight already but had annorexia nervosa. If you don't want to say then thats fine, just ignore me

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

thank you so much to everyone for your comments i will keep all these things in mind in order to keep healthy and fit.
    Selphie thank you for all your advice all the things youve mentined i am doing so it made me smile knowing its worked for you.
    Basically atm i have fruit for my breakfast, have at least 2 litres of water a day, as well as juice instead of fizzy drinks, smaller portions and the odd treat like some biscuits or a chocolate bar but only now and then. i am also going the gym 4 times a week as well as walking every where and bike rides.
    i need to loose 2 stone so i really need to stay motivated as i am overweight which doesnt help with my confidence anxiety depression etc.
    Thanks for all the advice everyone honestly its appreciate i have been feeling so depressed lately because of this xxx

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

hi pancho
    i understand and appreciate you asking how much i weigh. i weigh 12 and a half stone and i should weight about 10. thank you for being so conciderate as i was once anorexic thats why im worrying about loosing weight because i dont want it to become too extreme and become anorexic again i just want to be healthy and more confident xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information