Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN( STARTING OVER)

BROKEN( STARTING OVER)

I AM SORRY FOR MY FIRST POST, I WAS TOLD IT WAS TO GRAPHIC, THERE ARE PARTS OF ME PEOIPLE DONT WANT TO KNOW, AND IT THOSE PARTS I WISH I DIDNT HAVE, I GUESS I AM TO OPEN AND HONEST FOR MY OWN GOOD, THIS IS THE BOOK I AM WRITING, AFTER READING THE BOOK THE LOST BOY, I WAS INSPIRED,

Preface
    This book is more so about what my childhood had done to me them about my childhood, though what good is telling one with out the other, so I am going into a brief description of my childhood, my goal here is to get to my adult life and explain the reasons behind what allot of societies down falls are, acceptance being the largest part, so many people see me as something I am not, we are simply the products of our environment, each of us deals with our past in different ways, I have been told for years what a strong person I am, by people that know my past, I know by writing this allot of people will hate me, and think me a sick abomination, maybe I am, and I understand allot of people will think its all a lie, well though its was never all the way documented, there is proof, my mother will never admit to anything, she is much to smart for that, but there were news paper articles about the robbery, and CPS had records of me in California, my many visits to the cottage as we call it, then there’s my sister, she is a very Christian person and wont lie, though even she doesn’t no it all,

BROKEN
    The who what and why I am who I am.

I was born in Joplin Mo, 1961, a day I lived to regret, my parents divorced before I could even remember my father, my first memories are of a Christmas when I was about 5 years old, we were in my grandparents home in Oakland California, a few blocks bellow east 14th street, a very bad part of town, there house set in back of a laundry mat where the locals held there friendly poker games, we could hear them fighting and yelling all the time, broken beer bottles and used condoms were not an unusual sight in grandmas yard, I grew up in Oakland, and since I was white, and mom hated the entire African American race, going outside to play and having friends were out, she always acted like they had a disease, or if I touched them I would turn black, she always told me if I ever dated a black girl she would disown me,

On this Christmas I was playing with a set of army men I had gotten by a small house plant grandma kept by the window, Vietnam was all over the news, hippies and protests going on every where, and me playing army, I was biting the heads off the men that had died, to mark them, when mom saw what I was doing she picked me up by the hair on the back of my head and dragged me across the room, mom was always in a bad mood when we went to my grandparents house, she hated her father, he had her put into a boarding school when she was young because she was so much trouble, grandpa didn’t speak English so all I ever heard was him and mom yelling at each other in French, I no he understood some of what she was saying in English, because she used to say “ I wish you would just die all ready” in English, and he used to flip her the bird after, grandpa had a stroke some years earlier and was in a wheel chair,

Mom used to purposely move his chair when we were there so he couldn’t get up, he used to yell something cabinet, in French which I learned was his way of saying he had to go to the restroom, mom would say just **** on your self, and smile at him, she only made things harder for grandma when she did things like that, but she didn’t care, grandma had a very submissive personality, and usually took what ever she had to just to try and keep the peace,

Later that night mom was smoking weed in the house and I could hear grandpa yelling about it, he got very upset because she used to blow the smoke out and into my face to try and get me high too, mom sent me into the other room to play so he would stop bitching as she called it, mom was extremely cruel to both her parents, grandma came into the dinning room where I was playing and asked me to get the dishes left in the living ro

hi ed

ive just read your thread and as you said it was very graphic and disturbing.

I hope you are getting the appropriate help and support for this as you can move forward. One day someone will come along who will accept you for who you are and not judge you.

Take care ed and keep expressing yourself through your wonderful poetry

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

thank you darkangel,

allot of us who have been raped, witnesses a rape, or been molested have sexual issues, and most of the time as it was for me for so long, we just try to hide it, afraid people will judge us on those alone, i spent 9 years alone after these issues started to get to a point i couldnt control them, i felt so ashamed for wanting such things, but my therapist has clear that by telling me bottling it up will only make it worse, so i have become open about who i am, but i always feel like i need to explain why,

i have met women that have been raped, and just like with me they have sexual desires they feel ashamed for having, i may be allot of thuinmgs, but i am not a person who can hurt others, and i am not a person who trys to corupt others and trys to make thewm feel like i do, so i try to stay with peiople like me,

coming to terms with who and what i am has helped me so much with my depression, and for the first time in a very very long time, i am enjoying being with otyher people, as long as there are others in this world who are like me i have a place to fit in, and i no longer have to feel ashamed, or feel like i am the only one who sees things the way i do,

NMP has helped so much with this as well, each time a person reads this post and still talks to me, i feel a liottle more human each time, for the first time in my life, i am starting to feel like i belong somewhere, and that i am not alone anymore.

thank you all.

the tears i cry will forever be in vein

Hi Ed,

I don't know what to say. You've been through so much in your life and I so hope things get better for you.

Take Care

Mandy
    xx

hi ed,
    what a harrowing life youve had,i do hope you get the life you truly deserve,you have been through so much and yet you sound really strong, carry on with youre writing that in itself can be theraputic,

Wishing you all the best that life offers you, you deserve it

denise

thank you mandy and denise,

its not easy telling people these things, about a year ago i hadnt ever told anyone about my mom molesting me, ive been fighting myself for so long with all of these feelings, even now i am trying to justify myself and the way i am, i still see myself as a sick perverted freak, but the more people that know about me and dont say "your right, or you disgust me" the less and less i am feeling like i am, i have only come to terms with who i am in this last year,

i am so worried that some one is going to come on and just lay into me, i really do feel like i have evil thoughts with the sexual issues i have to learn to live with, but again i no i have a good heart, i care so deeply for others, i have a capacity for love like you wouldnt believe, so how can there be both such good and evil in me, there cant, and thats why i have also excepted myself, if i was a rapist, or pedophile, i would say thats evil, and if a thought like that ever even enters my mind, i wil make sure i dont live long enough to act on it,

you can call me nasty, perverted, sick, a freak, but i am not evil, im just a very good hearted person with allot of problems, and i cant fight them any more, i think i know what a gay man trying to be strait feels like now,

but thank you all, this really is making me feel so much better about myself.

hi ed god i dont really no what to say to you ive read your story and cant beleive that someone can go through what you have gone through.you should be so proud of yourself that you are still here and got through life even though it has been horific.im not sure how i can help as i really feel overwhelmed by your story ,but as you say someone just listening is good enough to you at the moment.although i do also hope that there are people around you giving you the help you so desparetly need to live your life a little easier.i dont want to say i feel pity for you as thats not maybe what you want but i cant help it i so do,no living thing on this planet should ever have to go through what you went through.im so sorry marcia x

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

thank you molly

to tell you the truth i used to think i had it worse then anyone ever could on this earth, but each and every day i am alive i see and hear things that appall me, there are allot of people out there who have had it allot worse then me, i am nothing special, i look at john walsh, to me he has delt with more then i ever could, his son adam, was kidnapped and murdered when he was 9 i think, by a pedophile, john started the adam walsh foundation, a center to help missing and exployted children, he then started americas most wanted, to this day he has taken the worst day of his life, and stood up and started doing something to stop these types of atrosities,

i wish i could be strong like he has become, i could never even think the pain and suffering i have endured could come close to losing a child in that way, i would gladly give my life to save any child, they are the inocents of the world and the things they have to see, i agree when this all happened to me i was one of them, and it breaks my heart to think there are going to be others like me, children who when they reach adulthood are going to be as messed up as i am,

what has to happen before people like the talaban, or other terorist organisations realize what they are doing to the word, before the drug dealers, and rapists, and pedophiles open there eyes and see what is happpening, do we need another race of nazis to let lose on a race of people for them to see who is a freind and who is a foe, if the talaban had a country set out to erase them all, the usa, the uk, and the rest of the united nations would stop them, we would save the talaban, are they to stupid to realize this,

and here we have stopped the death penalty fopr most crimes that should have the death penality, has it helped, no, the crimes get worse, and the people that comit them arent worried about there punishment, we as a people need to start to stand up and say enough is enough, what we need to do is give these monsters of the world what they want, a place for them to do what they want and when they want to, no law, no punishment, just take them all and throw them in, let them do what they want to eachother, just like in that movie escape from new york,

otherwise if something doesnt happen, we will never see an end to these monsters running rampet all over the world, as far as i am concernd death is to good for them, let them reap what they sew,

im sorry, when i think of all the kids out there each and every day and whats happening to them, it makes me so mad,

Hi Ed

Comparing your story to David Pelizer seems a little strange to me. His story was of survival of child abuse, but not sexual abuse. He was mentally and physically tortured and through support and help he managed to resolve his issues over a period of years allowing himself to develop and grow into an emotionally well developed young man who fought his demons and struggled with the tortures and memories without too much damage.

He is a recovering victim of the most atrocious abuse and has managed to turn his experiences into a story and self help books he has written. which you could benefit from reading.

Your story is far more atrocious in terms of the level of abuse you have experienced and unlike dave pelzer you are obviously still seriously affected by this and the therapy and medication you have been given over the years has obviously not helped you.

I am glad you want to document it but maybe setting up a website of your own and giving the links might be a more appropriate way of telling your story. Many people who have been abused and raped may feel very troubled by reading it on NMP but I am sure sending links to your own website would be a better option.

We all have histories and fears and deal with it in differant ways some of us run and hide some of us face it head on, your doing just that but remember how atrocious it was for you and try to make sure bvy writing you dont damage the healing process.

scknight

SpaceCadet Guest
    Hi Ed,

I was one of the member's on here who "QUIETLY" commented on the post you made about your horrendous abuse as a child (and as a adult),I felt and still feel that it was way to graphic in detail to post here although I feel a great deal of adoration for the courage you have shown in posted it,I also feel slightly unnerved in the tone and minute detail in the way you decribed your abuse.
    I too have been abused as a very small child so its not a case of me wanted to bury my head in the sand or me thinking that you are a "pervert" ,its just you must show respect to other sufferers, any graphic detail of sexual abuse is a trigger and can create flashbacks to other's memories.It can also bring in abusers to a site like this too.
    I can understand your anger at the scum who created your hell and personally would seek another refuge (online or in real life) to speak or write about the graphic nature of your abuse that you obviously need to get out of your system.

When anyone mentions sexual trauma or abuse,people generally create there own image in their minds...its more acceptable I s'pose than to read or listen to the actual graphic details..

Whatever history that has gone with you and Sue..should remain private between yourselves..look at all the trouble this site has had with petty agruments and squabbles in the last few weeks...its back on keel now ...LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!

Anyway,

Take Care Ed,

Lucy x

"Things that go bump in the night,
    Should not really give one a fright,
    It's the hole in each ear,
    That lets in the fear,
    That, and the absence of light!" ~Spike Milligan

" The mind is its own place and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell or a Hell of Heav'n"~ John Milton,Paradise Lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information