Thread: Spot in corner of vision..

Spot in corner of vision..

For the last few days I've felt like there's a shadow in the inner corner of my vision in my right eye. I got new glasses about a month ago so I don't know if it's linked. I've also had slight headaches on the right side of my head. I worrying it could be something really serious.

Re: Spot in corner of vision..

Hi KateRose, I would get this checked out with A&E or an optician, not because it may be something serious as in life-threatening, but it could be something like the precurser to a detached retina (again, fairly easily treatable as an outpatient). Of course, it may be nothing at all, but best get it checked if you are worried.

I get that a lot, it's like a shadow across my upper vision in my left eye. As I was also getting kind of blobs of light go across my vision in the same eye and a flickering in the top of that eye too I did go and see an ophamologist at my local BUPA Hospital and also someone from Moorfields. Mine was diagnosed as a Posterior Vetreous Detachment which is where the film over the eye, the name of which I forget, starts to pull away at the edges and although a nuisance is quite harmless and is usually age related. However I think anything with the eyes should be looked into by someone who is qualified to do that

I'm only 28, but have worn glasses most of my life. I feel as though sometimes when I look at things, my right eye is crossed slightly..

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

If it was something really serious like a brain tumour or something equally as scary, would I know about it?

Thread Information