Thread: Room spinning & problems restarting Fluoxetine

Room spinning & problems restarting Fluoxetine

Has anyone any experience of problems restarting fluoxetine. I was taking it for 7 years, then my daughter made a comment that she thought I could manage without & it triggered me to try to come off. After 5 months I was in such a state that I started again (beginning June). When I came off I had bouts of dizziness & loss of balance - if I turn over in bed in the morning the room and me spins uncontrollably. Now I have started again I am suffering from dreadful anxiety/panic & this morning the worst room spinning by far. I was on 20mg for most of the 7 years, upped to 40mg for the last couple of years. I did cut down slowly & I restarted slowly too. I am taking 20mg a day at present (currently at night, although I think I will switch to morning having read some posts). Does anyone else get this room spinning &/or have problems with restarting? Think I may have to visit my GP, but think this forum is more knowledgeable on medication effects!

Re: Room spinning & problems restarting Fluoxetine

That happened to me when I restarted paxil after a 2 month break (worst withdrawal ever!). I'm sure it would have passed in time but I decided to try a different med since I convinced myself it wasn't going to work the second time around. Good luck to you and I am sure you will get though this!!

Amanda

Re: Room spinning & problems restarting Fluoxetine

Now feeling much better - see my perseverance pays off thread!

Thread Information