Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Survive Health Anxiety!

Re: How To Survive Health Anxiety!

You're all welcome! Thanks for reading this, I'm really glad so many of you have found it helpful!

stressedmamof3 - I hope your doctors appointment went well! Well done for plucking up the courage to go again, I know it's hard. x

Gosh everything you said is so true. Logic appears out the window though.
    I do now accept I will not be free, but learn to live with it and in the main feel in control. Great post

Thanks so much for this post. I am going through a bout of Health anxiety right now and it really helps to see people have made it through.

Thank you poker face xxxxx

You're both welcome, glad you found it helpful, thanks for reading xx

I have just read your post - thank you for that, it is so true and helpful.
    I have spent all day today thinking I am on the verge of a heart attack. mainly because my left arm is a bit achey, and my chest feels full (but I do have a bit of a cold). No real pain but it's like I'm expecting something to happen - I don't seem to be able to deal with negative thoughts.
    I have made a decision to eat better and try to exercise (I have high BP so it might help that as well).
    My demons are the thoughts that constantly go round in my head about my heart, I constantly check my pulse, but I have no idea what I'm doing so it doesn't mean a thing, just my heart is beating steadily. I cannot rid myself of these obsessive thoughts. I also suffer with a bit of OCD as well.
    I am really going to try and rid myself of this horrible thing hanging over me.

Sorry to hear that Pansy. I was an obsessive pulse checker too, still do it occasionally when I feel panicky! It does get better though.

I know the feeling of being on the verge of a "heart attack" , I was always on the verge of a panic attack though! The negative thoughts are extremely hard to shake and feed the panic, it requires a lot of will power and concentration to move on from them! I still find it hard sometimes now!

Good luck with the exercise and eating right, really hope you feel better soon xx

I've read all of them and I think it is a helping text for HAs indeed, Thank you

Yea that's a good tip sally. Alcohol will always increase your anxiety the next day, some of the worst panic attacks I've ever had have been while hungover!

Although alcohol might make you feel happy and relaxed at the time in my experience the next day is always awful! x

Talking Re: How To Survive Health Anxiety!

hello everyone i joined the site today and found it most interesting ,infact upon reading some of the threads my eyes filled up and i actually sat in the chair with tears rolling down my face !! my tears werent throgh upset they were happy tears as i could finally see that i wasnt on my own and other people actually felt like i do !!! and i wasnt a weirdo or nutter !!! as my partner of 20 years labelled me ....in february 2012 for some unknown reason i was driving down the motorway and just burst into tears for nothing ....this carried on and my ass was on the floor big time i became very upset at the slightest thing ,im 46 yrs old and neither drink or smoke .(so drinking myself to oblivion wasnt an option) so i started going straight to bed after work ,and crying my heart out on my own whilst my partner stayed downstairs and watch tv !! this went on and on and each time i had a panic attack it got worse until i convinced myself that i must be having a heart attack ,and even drove to hospital and had an ecg again to find nothing!!!!of course this made me feel better but still my head was all over the place , so much so i cried myself to sleep often, and decided to tell my doctor ....mertazerpine and diazipam were his answer although i try not to take the latter , but being told im a "nutter" really doesnt help and has distanced me massively from my partner ....she really doesnt understand at all !!i wouldnt wish these feelings on anyone !!the guys at work have been brilliant with me and given me a big hug etc when ive broken down infront of them , im trying so hard to come out of this and stop reacting to these horrendous panic attacks , im sometimes scared to go to the cinema as i check out the exits all the time ( god i know that sounds stupid) and trains i avoid at all costs as i couldnt get off them , which i know deep down is totally irrational but it makes me feel awful.......as do lifts im frightened that i might get stuck in them , recently i went to manchester united fc , in an exec box for lunch but the only way was by lift , and i nearly freaked out as it was so small, and seemed like 10 mins in there , in normallity land im the life and soul of the party making everyone laugh and living life to the full , but since february 2012 it seems ive fallen apart i cry at sad films anyway (yes its not only girls who do this !!!) but now even more ...and reading the threads on here makes me feel so much happier !!! and like i said even made me cry !!!! doctor says i should go on quetiapine ? with mertazerpine as well so can someone please give me some of yr wisdom many thanks pete !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information