Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCD - running people over or rabies exposure

Re: OCD - running people over or rabies exposure

Well you've written some very interesting stuff. Good luck.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Re: OCD - running people over or rabies exposure

Hi, PanchoGoz and other folks:

Please don’t take me wrong, perhaps. All of the above is just my hypothesis, and my proposal to search into some definite solutions out of desperation. I am not sure if this is a golden key, and I am only striving out of the bottom of my heart to find some ways. I have not solved any of my problems yet, and I do struggle with it.
    For example: - yesterday when driving near my home I noticed some small family of raccoons trying to cross the road. Even though I was in my car I got restless. Since I try now to safely confront such situations to expose myself a little, I decided to park my car and walk up to the spot within some safe distance (about 100 yards). I stood there for only 15 second to see if raccoons were there, but they were already gone. However, despite that safe distance and being cautious and only standing there for 15 seconds, now I feel very anxious and obsess if somehow they could come up to me from the back when I stood there to have a contact with me that I would not see or feel, leave some saliva on my legs (I was wearing short pants) and possibly give me even remote possibility of exposure to rabies.
    I know, it seems like nonsense, but I can not help and block my fearful thoughts. I ask myself this question over and over if there is any kind of bases to be afraid here at all or it is only my delusional and purely fearful anxiety working here, and nothing else? Are there any kinds of bases to be concerned here, please?

What do you think? If you can share your thoughts, ideas or conclusions from your knowledge, please share.

Thanks for all.

Kind regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information