Thread: Perseverance pays off - feeling better

Perseverance pays off - feeling better

I've posted 2 threads about the problems I've had restarting fluoxetine and gained encouragement from this forum so I thought I'd post a positive thread as an update. After being in a bit of a panic about the anxiety and vertigo I experienced I am feeling much better this evening. I am soooo glad I persevered. It's true you do have to hang on in there & have faith that the problems are likely to settle down. This medication really does work for me and having talked myself into coming off it (in the misguided thought that I could manage without) I am relieved to have settled again & I doubt I will stop again. I attended a MCBT (Mindfulness CBT) course this Spring (thinking that that would be a substitute for the fluoxetine). It wasn't working for me without the meds, but today I attended a catch up meeting. I think the combination of the fluoxetine & this approach should give me the chance to have a much more stable & contented future. Thanks to everyone for your support & keep on fighting to those still struggling.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

PS. So it took just over 4 weeks for me to turn the corner & I almost fell at the last when I got the vertigo a few days ago.

Re: Perseverance pays off - feeling better

I was so relieved to read this post..I am on my 21st day of prozac and the side effects are much stronger than I remember from the last time I was on it.. The vivid dreams and waking up in panic at 5 in the morning keeps my fears high..I know this med works I just want to feel normal again and have the energy and motivation to function again..I hate the thought of anybody going through this yet I'm comforted that I'm not alone..thank you

Thread Information