Thread: Spotting?

Spotting?

I'm worrying myself silly. I'm day 20 in my cycle and tonight I wiped and I had some dark yellow discharge with a hairline sized streak of brown running through a little bit. I had brown discharge on day 21 and 23 in March and April, but nothing last month.

I had an ultrasound which apparently was ok but it showed a bulky uterus so my GP has referred me to gynae but it can be a 4 month wait, at least, until I'm seen.

I'm now panicking I'm going to come on my period early. My periods used to be every 32 days but this year they seem to come every 27/28. I've always been heavy but they're slightly heavier with teeny clots some months. My GP sent worried, he says as I'm nearly 33 and had 3 children it's bound to be age related.he referred me just to get the bulky uterus issue checked out.

I'm worrying I'll start my period early tonight or tomorrow:(( My nan died on Tuesday, I was by her bedside for 2 days at the hospital, and I've felt terrible ever since she went. The last thing i needed was this:((((

My GP wants me on the combined pill Loestrin 20 to lighten my periods and stop this spotting, but thanks to my worry of taking it due to DVT risk I've still not been able to bring myself to do it. Would I call it spotting? In the past when I've had it it's been a little bit of brown mucus within the normal yellow but then it's not happened again. I'm praying this doesn't happen again and don't start my period so early:(((((

I don't know why I'm posting as no one can help me. I'm just in anxiety mode since my Nan passed, and the last things needed was this:/
    Last edited by Savannah; 05-07-12 at 21:22. Reason: Typos

Re: Spotting?

Hi just wanted to say I know how you feel. I have had problems with periods for 3 years or more - the start of my HA and loads of tests all to tell me what I really knew and that it was just hormonal.

I'm certain yours will be the same so don't worry .. why not chat to GP again re fears re the pill as this is likely to help. I don't know much re DVT - but I would say the pill is very safe - but you could discuss this with GP.

I have probably been no help but just wanted to say that soooo many women have problems with their periods and i guess as we get older (I'm 37) it won't get any easier!

Take care and enjoy your weekend xx

Thanks Jane, I appreciate your reply.

It's not nice being a woman at times is it. I'm getting used to these irregularities but waiting for further tests is getting to me I think, I hate waiting.

X

I know and I agree the waiting and what ifs are the worse! I try hard now to thing I will enjoy today and worry about the tests when they happen - not easy but I am so sick of worrying all the time! I am sure you will be fine xx

Thanks Jane xx

Thread Information