Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Alone?

Re: Home Alone?

Quote Originally Posted by kittikat View Post
    Great news, well done!! That was really a brave thing to do, shops can be daunting at the best of times eh? Good luck with the new meds, I hope your new found confidence lasts!! My son is in his 20's and just as bad lol.

Keep up the good work let me know how you are getting on!!

THANKS KITTI
    Lets chat soon!!!

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stu81 View Post
    I'll probably be here most Friday nights, if i'm not i doubt i'll be far away.

I was invited to a work colleagues leaving drinks last night, which i dubiously attended only to feel completely out of place. I have little confidence so find it difficult to join in with their conversations, couple that with the face that groups of people make me quite anxious and i'm sure you can imagine, i won't be doing that again for a while !

I find it much easier to talk to people on the internet, so if you ever need someone to talk to in the eve's, just drop me a pm and i'll come on if i can
    Sorry about what happened with your work colleagues, I can completely understand the situation, I struggle with the Social Phobia myself, funny because before the anxiety I was a very social creature, so it is difficult because I love to be friendly.

Thanks Stu,

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Saturday, same thing again today, the lights are on but no one is home!!!
    Has been great to receive replies to my Thread, I actually feel as though I have some friends I am not sad and lonely after all
    If I do not hear from you guy's again this weekend, I will post again Friday for an update on your week!

BobbyDog

You have many friends here BobbyDog....and you are most certainly sad and lonely here I know 'the lights are on but no one's home' feeling well lol....I call it the Twilight Zone

Feel free to message me anytime if you are feeling down or alone I will watch out for the Friday update too!

Kitti

Hi bobbydog,

so sorry you felt so lonely. know how that feels. it felt so weird this week, was so alone, my teenage children had gone on holiday for the week. though I had my one son at home, he was always up the stairs. still felt so lonely.

I'm gonna have to get used to it, cause eventually the rest of my teenagers will move out. I'll be on my own then.

hope you have a better weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne_uk_98 View Post
    Hi bobbydog,

so sorry you felt so lonely. know how that feels. it felt so weird this week, was so alone, my teenage children had gone on holiday for the week. though I had my one son at home, he was always up the stairs. still felt so lonely.

I'm gonna have to get used to it, cause eventually the rest of my teenagers will move out. I'll be on my own then.

hope you have a better weekend.
    Thanks Yvonne uk 98,

I can understand your situation, my son is nearly 16 and has his own life. I do not discuss my anxiety/panic with him, I have got pretty good at hiding my symptoms from others, so as not to affect them.
    Hope we can chat again

BobbyDog

gosh how do you mange to hide your anxiety from others.

that one, I canny hide, no matter how much I try, given up trying, cause everyone always telling me to calm down you dont need to get all anxious. wish I knew I was anxious when folk tell me to calm down, things are going to be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne_uk_98 View Post
    gosh how do you mange to hide your anxiety from others.

that one, I canny hide, no matter how much I try, given up trying, cause everyone always telling me to calm down you dont need to get all anxious. wish I knew I was anxious when folk tell me to calm down, things are going to be alright.
    Don't know how I do it Yvonne, sometimes I have to walk out, or walk away from a place or situation. I have had 18 years of practice.

BobbyDog

I'm always at home on a Friday / Saturday night with my cat & tv Dvd's as company some nights I sit here thinking where can I go but I know all my friends will be down a pub or restaurant & I can't do that yet

Had my first CBT session last week and am hopeful it will help me along with the citalopram I'm taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy3594 View Post
    I'm always at home on a Friday / Saturday night with my cat & tv Dvd's as company some nights I sit here thinking where can I go but I know all my friends will be down a pub or restaurant & I can't do that yet

Had my first CBT session last week and am hopeful it will help me along with the citalopram I'm taking.
    Thanks for your post Smiffy,

I sometimes wish that I could go down the pub or to a restaurant, I havn't got anyone to go with anyway, they probably wouldn't let my dogs in

Hope you start to feel better with the Citalopram and your next CBT session.

Check back next weekend and we can chat more.

BobbyDog

Even though im living with my parents and older brother i sometimes feel very lonely. I find it hard to talk about my anxiety feelings etc with them. They cant seem to understand what im going through. Im having my thyroid level checked because my mum thought that may be whats causing anxiety. She had thyroid problem and was on tablets for it when i was born which affected me from birth for a few years. My family just keep telling me to stop worrying over and imagining health problems. Iv been trying to go out regularly with my mum and sometimes my dad, either walking to local shops or bus into town. I want to try and start voluntary work again. Just dont know if i would be able to cope with it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan246 View Post
    Even though im living with my parents and older brother i sometimes feel very lonely. I find it hard to talk about my anxiety feelings etc with them. They cant seem to understand what im going through. Im having my thyroid level checked because my mum thought that may be whats causing anxiety. She had thyroid problem and was on tablets for it when i was born which affected me from birth for a few years. My family just keep telling me to stop worrying over and imagining health problems. Iv been trying to go out regularly with my mum and sometimes my dad, either walking to local shops or bus into town. I want to try and start voluntary work again. Just dont know if i would be able to cope with it yet.
    I think your parents mean well Nathan, but unless you suffer from anxiety you will not fully understand it. If you had a broken leg they could see and accept it, but they only know what you tell them.
    Why not chat to other people at NMP that suffer with Health Anxiety, it is quite common, so you are not alone.
    Take things one step at a time.

BobbyDog

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information