Thread: Cluster Headache all along..

Cluster Headache all along..

Hi guys.
    I posted my story so far under the "panic attack" forum and noticed I really should have posted here in the health anxiety forum.
    I wont bore you guys with all the details again but I was severly stessed about pains I was getting in the left side of my face and head. Anxiety didnt creep up, it just decided to destroy me. For a good month It got as far as not wanting to leave the house incase of anxiety attacks and I suffered bad.

First trip to the doctor and he put me on beta blockers which I really didnt take too well to. Today I visited a different doctor as my own doc was on holiday, and he put it all down to Cluster Headaches. I was skeptical (as expected) but took his word for it and he presicribed me sumatriptan tablets and nasal spray (I need to pick the spray up on monday but got the tablets).

Something he told me really stuck with me and made me feel alot better. He has been a doctor for 19 years and has dealt with 7 brain tumor patients. He told me that NOT ONE of the cases ever started out with a headache. His words made me feel at ease a whole lot.

I got home and tried a tablet. Wouldnt ya know, I felt better within half a hour.

Im not saying Im fully cured, I wont know until I go outside a bit more tomorrow, but Im optimistic. The tablets have given me a break from the pain and I seriously feel a little like my old self. Ill post up tomorrow on how I feel. But honestly, I went through complete hell this last month and feeling a bit better has made me feel real positive about the outlook
    Last edited by ryan2012; 07-07-12 at 00:18.

Re: Cluster Headache all along..

I did a post on here saying that headaches are not normally a sign of a brain tumour so I was right lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The thing that freaked me nicola was the length of time I had the headache. I usually just deal with headaches, no biggy. But this was the first time Ive felt a headache at one side on the left side, which made my eye bloodshot and the side of my face go extremly hot.. for near a month! But yeah, no matter how bad a headache it is, remember, its not a sign of a brain tumor!

I am glad you got it sorted now Ryan and getting some treatment for it and I hope you feel better soon

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information