Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Work related-"Formal Hearing" Agoraphobia??

Re: Work related-"Formal Hearing" Agoraphobia??

Hello kitti,
    Just wanted to wish you luck in your hearing. I was off sick last year for 5-6 weeks with my anx and pa. When I returned to work my immediate colleagues couldn't have been nicer.
    However I have to agree with Richard with regards to the HR department. It seems they are just there to support management these days and carry out their dirty work. In my return to work hearing i felt they were just prying and ticking the boxes to show "they had done their bit" lol My line manager who I hardly see accompanied me and also "ticked the boxes"!! They suggested och to me and a further meeting (neither of which have happened) and gave me the companies policy on sick leave... which was a dull read!... but basically too much time off and see ya!! very helpful lol

Anyway 15 months later I feel more confident in work and have not got the sack...so If I can achieve this anyone can and i'm sure you can

Thank you for your reassuring post isthisasgdasitgets

My HR dept have made several cockups already if they are to follow the 'formal' procedure and I have spoken to a union rep who has put my mind at ease a little too. In fact they effed up completley really as I was receiving all the info 3rd hand (verbally) and decided to email them directly on Wednesday to clarify their intentions after being told the 'hearing' would be held next week. Well, someones head will roll because that very same evening, a courier arrived at my door with the official letter, various evidence documents (sickness record, docs certs etc) and a copy of the Capability Policy & Procedure.

The next morning I received an email from HR stating that I was correct, I should have a formal letter, and had I received the letter/documents sent to me. They knew I had anyway as I had to sign for the bloody thing!! So, now I have had official written notification, I have asked to defer the meeting for 1 week as they only gave me 3 working days to prepare. This at least gives me time to get my head back together and gather some evidence documents of my own.

They actually caused me a week of hell by not following the correct procedure in the first place tbh, but I am keeping my cards close to my chest and have evidence of how they have already failed in their duty of care to me. I will not produce this at the stage 1 hearing, but will keep it for future reference should I need to build a case against them. So, my saga continues....

I'm so glad things worked out well for you and really appreciate you sharing your story. Thank you, Kitti x

Hi kitti, no need to say thank you...i still have my off days and wobbly moments but I try not to let it get me down...
    It sounds like you have a good clear plan and I bet your company are probably a bit worried now... serves them right for not supporting you in the right way!!
    Good luck with it all...stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by isthisasgdasitgets? View Post
    Hi kitti, no need to say thank you...i still have my off days and wobbly moments but I try not to let it get me down...
    It sounds like you have a good clear plan and I bet your company are probably a bit worried now... serves them right for not supporting you in the right way!!
    Good luck with it all...stay strong
    Aww... really appreciate your support. Kitti x

Good Luck with it all kitti ..and well done for today ....All the best hun ..Luv Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    Good Luck with it all kitti ..and well done for today ....All the best hun ..Luv Sue x
    Thank you Sue, your post means a lot to me Kitti xx

Just a quick update.....

I have my stage 1 formal hearing this coming Thursday

All this worry has had a profound effect on my general wellbeing. My doctor has signed me off work for a month as he is worried about my health. I am not sleeping well and I have lost a lot of weight over the past 2 weeks due to zero appetite. My mind is all over the place and I feel very emotionally detatched.

I am hopeful that once Thursday is over, I will be able to put all this worry behind me for a while at least.....

Thanks again for all the support. Kitti

Dear Kittikat,
    I hope it goes really well for you tomorrow. You'll probably find all anxiety dissipates when you're actually in the situation.
    Best of luck!

Thank you Squiggle I'm sure you are right. Kitti x

Good luck Kitti, this time tomorrow you'll be relaxing with a tall glass of plonk!

Zings xx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information