Thread: Constant feeling of panic

Constant feeling of panic

I've had panic attacks in the past, the worst of them occuring 3-4 times a day. In the past week I've been feeling a constant sense of anxiety. I'm really scared by it, I've had depression and anxiety most of my life, but nothing like this, I can't find a cause for my panic, just a 24hr feeling of termoil and adgetation.

Does anyone else have this? I just need to know I'm not alone and that I can cope with it, at the moment I'm terrified.

ren

i'm exactly the same. A constant feeling like I'm about to have a leg off or sit a driving test but no reason for it. It does get wearing. I find that it lessens if I am busy so I try to go to work even though I am on short hours but it's a constant battle. Perhaps you need to see your doctor about going on some medication for a little while to treat this generalized anxiety, it can help.
    let me know how you are getting on.

Mandy

Hi ren, I had this for about three days, no let up at all. Then it calmed down a bit then wham started up again. i went on citalopram in the end as it was making feel very low and i was starting to get depressed. Hope it passes soon hunny

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hi ren i too get the constant anxiety and its like a car with no brakes you can stop it once it starts!!! i find distraction works i was anxious all day yesterday and last night i went on the chatroom on this site for a couple of hours and when i logged off i realised i felt fine went to bed and slept like a log!!! hope this helps and let us know how you are doing kaz ps kalms pills that you get from the chemist are good too all herbal and very calming!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for the great replies. I feel a bit better just for knowing I'm not alone! I've been to my GP tonight (after having an emergency doctor last night because I felt so bad!) and he's given me some diazapam until I see my shrink on friday. I do feel a bit better tonight, trying to distract myself with the internet and tv, but it doesn't quite stop it from slipping through!

I just hope that there's something I can take or do to feel better.

ren

Ren, my doctor gave me diazepam to start with but be careful as it made me really spaced out and sleepy. I would suggest taking half to start with until you get a bit used to it. I only use it for emergencies as it is addictive.

take care

Mandy

Thread Information