Thread: Urgent replies please . .Citalopram swap to escitalopram-discontinuation side effects

Exclamation Urgent replies please . .Citalopram swap to escitalopram-discontinuation side effects

I have been on citalopram 20mg for 7 months now, and I don't get on with it. Lack of sleep and lows and anxiety worse than my previous antidepressant. So have decided with my GP to change back to escitalopram. She told me to do a straight swap, stop citalopram and start escitalopram 10mg (which is the equivalent dose) the next day. 3 days into escitalopram and my appetite has returned, and seem to be less depressed. However, my anxiety has gone through the roof and I am experiencing trembling in my head and generally all over my body, hot flushes and pressure headache. I saw a different doc today who said I should go back onto citalopram and wean off gradually and then cross taper the escitalopram into my system. I am now in a state about what to do tonight. Should I go back to citalopram? Is it safe to change back again? Any advice please - I am sitting here with both sets of tablets at my side, wondering and panicking which one to take.

Re: Urgent replies please . .Citalopram swap to escitalopram-discontinuation side eff

Hello.... First of all RELAX! I was on 60 mg of Citalopram and straight swapped to 20mg of escitalopram....... This was 4 months ago.

The initial change was interesting but like everything it takes time..... Just relax and be kind to your self and remind Urself you are in no danger it's just you being worried about the change!

Anxiety will ease in the coming days and weeks!

Cheers

Jarrod

Re: Urgent replies please . .Citalopram swap to escitalopram-discontinuation side eff

How are you getting on with escitalopram? What do you take it for? Mine is for anxiety and depression, I think the anxiety is the probably plaguing me more than the depression, it's always hard to tell.

Thread Information