Thread: Health concerns

Health concerns

Hi everyone, basically I had an SVT episode about a month and a half ago and I think it may have been bought on by anxiety or has caused me to have health anxiety as a result of it.

I randomly get chest tightness, breathlessness, left arm pain, tingly hands and feet and just other random feelings. For example at this current moment I have a weird pain under my left arm pit, not sure why?

I have had a chest x-ray, a few blood tests, a few ECGs and my blood pressure has been checked numerous times. Every single thing has come back fine. So why am I still getting these feelings?

I mention these to doctors every time I see them and I'm going on a 24hr heart monitor on August 1st. But not once has any health professional mentioned anxiety.

I am 25 and usually healthy but I do smoke.

Anyone got any advice.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Oh and I'm currently on Verapamil 3 times a day, a type of beta blocker.

Re: Health concerns

Hi

Thats because health professionals unless you are lucky are not very good at spotting anxiety related issues and believe me i have come accross one doctor who literally told me to "pull myself together"(i have a good GP now though) they will put everything down to the smoking.

Please go back to our GP or one in the practice sympathtic to Mental Health issues and explain fully about your anxiety problems.

Its not easy as i have found out having had mental health issues for around 10 years now,but good luck Richard.

So do you think that all of these issues are anxiety and not a related physical health issue. Would they have spotted this with all the tests they have done? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2012 View Post
    So do you think that all of these issues are anxiety and not a related physical health issue. Would they have spotted this with all the tests they have done? Thanks
    Hi
    Over the years i have had blood tests,ECG tests (slightly abnormal but ok) blood pressure tests and recently a head scan ,and i still have anxiety/panic attacks these to my knowledge will not show up in any direct test but are real never the less.

Unless of course your fear is of fear itself in that i mean you think you may have something but do not and worry.

The only person that really can asess that is a GP who understands Mental Health issues.

Perhaps Beta Blockers are not right for you my GP said they were not right for me,please do go back to your GP and tell them everything about your anxiety.Richard.

Ok, I will bring all this up at my next appointment. Thank you for your advice

Hi

your very welcome i know how debilitating these issues can be i lost my marriage and a job over them when i was at my worst around 9-10 years ago,but managed to get back up on my feet again,any time you need to talk i am quite happy to do so via the PM function and good luck Richard.

Thread Information