Thread: Blurred vision

Blurred vision

Is this an anxiety symptom or something else?! Every night I always get blurred vision around lights. Its not usually bad when i look at other things. But when I look at a bright light, I see a complete halo around it? It seems to have peaked and hasn't worsened, but it gradually got worse and worse since around March.

Anxiety symptom? Or should I actually be concerned?

Thank you

Re: Blurred vision

I don't know if you take any medication? but that could be the cause, I get the same thing and it is my tablets, I know this because that is when it started.

BobbyDog

Hi There.
    I take medication that slightly blurs my vison and it does seem worse at nights but nothing too dramatic more a problem focussing sometimes,if you are on meds it could be the cause.

Or another cause could be stress is taking the form of blurry eyes by sapping all your energy.

A chat with your GP could be in the offing they will do checks and make sure its not high blood pressure or other underlying causes.Richard.
    Last edited by Richard1960; 12-07-12 at 12:09.

I see halos around streetlights at night, but my eyes are fine, except for encroaching middle age. Halos can be a sign of glaucoma, so best to have your eyes checked by a doctor.

Wow thanks for the replies! I do not take any meds currently. I'm only 19 so glaucoma shouldn't be an issue yet.. I am a smoker so I sometimes wonder if that enhanced the problem.

It's not too concerning, but so uncomfortable and annoying! I'll definitely bring it up with my doc.

Hello Tyler yeah if i were you i would see the doctor
    as well as optician just to make sure your ok as its good to
    check it out. im sure your fine though.. All the best.

Thanks grace! Someone looking at my situation with a different perspective always makes me feel the slightest bit better , thank god! As my perspective isn't always of the best judgement of my own self!

Thread Information