Thread: should I be feeling better

Question should I be feeling better

Hi I've just registered this morning although I have been browsing the site for a couple of weeks now. It is reassuring that I am not alone in my battle.

I have depression and anxiety. I started on fluoxetine 7 weeks ago, initially on 20mg, which was increased to 40mg just over 2 weeks ago. I have experienced all the usual side effects of increased anxiety and panic but now that has subsided somewhat I feel the depression more, almost like the feelings of anxiety were suppressing it if that makes sense? Feel like I'm going backwards!

I am therefore keen to know if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms. Am I expecting too much too soon? I was hoping to be feeling a lot better by now. Do you think the flu is working?

thank you for your advice
    regards

Raggie

Re: should I be feeling better

I've not had quite the sane symptoms as you but it does take time. I'vebeen taking it since November and been functioning normally for 6 months. Keep strong.

i would say that I felt noticeabley better after 8 weeks. Don't know whether the increase will maybe mean a bit longer for you. However, i am now about 65 days in and much better. Just need to get more sleep! Keep going!

thank you both for your replies. i think i do just need to give it a bit more time. Pleased to hear you are both feeling better, I will keep telling myself that I'll feel stronger soon. Thanks for listening. kind regards

Hi Raggie, I'm on week 18 of taking Prozac - 20mg for 4 weeks, 40mg for 4 weeks and returned to 20mg for the last 10 weeks. (the side effects on 40 were too much for me) It's been a slow improvement but I'm getting there, I too didn't feel depressed when i started taking them and feel that the anxiety and panic I had was masking the depression as since starting the Prozac I've been more depresssed than I had ever been. I have felt like I was going backwards at times but I'm nearly back to normal, the depression is lifting and the anxiety is much more manageable. Hang on in there, finding the right meds can be difficult but if you're able to tolerate the prozac without too many side effects you're halfway there. Good luck

Thread Information