Thread: "Old" New member.

"Old" New member.

Hi all.
    Just reintroducing myself after re-registering in a new guise after not posting for a long long time.

I'm shea, mummy of three and full time medical student, and who also happens to have anxiety, panic attacks and on the way back from agoraphobia.

Exactly this time last year was when I had my biggest downfall, virtually out of the blue. I was housebound, darent even venture into my own garden. I darent be left alone, and really couldnt see a way out of the hole I had plunged into. With a slowly slowly approach, I gradually made it out into the front garden. Then to my car. Then a few paces down the road etc. I eventually found the feeling of achievement I had after doing this waaaaay outweighed the feeling of 'fear of panicking', and gruadually, I broadened my horizons. I am still a long long way from being 'fixed', and have recently had a very slight relapse which I am currently working my way through. But at the moment, I am relatively confident being out alone within about 15 miles of home (only in certain directions though, strangely!), and now have the confidence to be 'taken' up to about 50 miles from home with someone else.

Considering this time last year, I honestly thought I would never ever ever get better and be able to go outside alone again, I hope I will be able to offer a glimmer of hope to anyone in the situation I was in, and to say that you can get over it. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!

Currently looking forward to my first holiday away without the kids next week. Just me and the other half to centerparcs for the weekend, but that is an achievement in itself! I am determined to look forward to getting away, rather than sit and worry about the 'what if's' once I get there.

Shea.x

Hi shea

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: "Old" New member.

Hey Shea, It looks like you are well on the way to recovery.........

BobbyDog

Welcome back to NMP

hello and welcome xxx

Thread Information