Thread: Prozac?

Question Prozac?

I'm just wondering what everyone's views are on Prozac for Health Anxiety. Doctor said he would prescribe but would like me to try counselling first due to side affects of Prozac. Councellor waiting list is months, so this is not a realistic option.

I spend nearly all day every day experiencing major health anxiety, Googling symptoms etc, thinking I have brain tumour, going blind (floaters), it's ruining my life. Will Prozac really help my anxiety, and stop my mind from constantly thinking about all these possible major health problems, thinking I'm going to die etc? And what are the major side effects? would appreciate any advice from anyone who has experience with it

Re: Prozac?

Hi buddy i took prozac at the beginning of my health anxiety journey and from my experience it was a bit pants but you have to remember that every single person is different and reacts to different medicines differently mate so my advice to you is dont listen to any advice on here about meds because what doesnt work for one person will work for another it is just a case of trial and error and finding the right med for you good luck and hope you feel better soon

Thread Information