Thread: Frequent palpitations & heart racing

Frequent palpitations & heart racing

I have suffered from palpitations for years & heart racing episodes. Just lately it has got worse & this weekend I have had palpitations on & off all weekend,sometimes one after the other for hours. I have had several ECG's in the past that were normal & even wore a heart monitor for 5 days about 9 yers ago & all was normal. I have been told many times it is stress & anxiety ( I suffer with terrible anxiety & dont cope with stress well at all). I feel worried about it again though as this weekend has been awful. It eased off overnoght last noght but started up again this morning & has been happening all day. Please help!

Re: Frequent palpitations & heart racing

stopped overnight again & fine for most of the morning them palpitations have started again. What is going on?

I am afraid that you have to ignore them. You have been checked out and you are ok and they are harmless.

The more you think about them and notice them the worse they get.

Move this to the palpitations forum for you as well so have a read of the posts in here and have you read the website page on the left?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I suffer with random "attacks" of palpitations too. If the doctor has checked out your heart and said it's all ok then it's all ok!

I can go weeks without a single one then all of a sudden I'll be getting what feels like hundreds a day. Sometimes cuz I'm anxious and sometimes for no reason at all that I can see.

Palpitations are made worse by a lot of things, stress, smoking, hormones, eating sugary foods (for me) and caffine. I get terrible ones around the time of my period too, so if any of that applies to you try to cut down on them. (apart from the period, I'm not asking you to cut down on them lol, they kinda can't be helped!)

Worrying about palpitations only makes them more frequent and more beastly in my experience, I know it's so hard to do but really try not to get wound up by them, it just makes the situation 1000 times worse. Try to relax and forget about them, do anything you can to take your mind off them and with any luck they'll calm down.

Feel better soon x

Hey i suffered with this 2, it happened for months i think it was stress with uni. I used to suffer from panic attacks not so much now but my anxiety is terrible :(. Every time i get something like heart palpitations i try to assure myself its just anxiety. I read that sometimes it is nothing and people that suffer from anxiety pick up on the heart more than people who don't suffer from anxiety.

Try not to worry about it

Louise.
    Last edited by louiseoneill86; 23-07-12 at 12:24. Reason: writing name at bottom

Thanks everyone,I feel reassured. I guess because its been a while since I had any heart checks I'm convincing myself something is wrong. I am going to the docs later just to be sure. In my heart I know its anxiety but I always overthink things & come up with something else. Really appreciate your replies xx

Thread Information