Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: orange juice

orange juice

[:I] does anyone eles have a phobia of orange juice because i feel really stupid about it as my family tease me it started after i threw up one day after drinking a glass please help as i feel weird [8)]

t bennett with every new day comes hope

many of our fears are silly and seem so not normal but a fear is a fear and to beat yourself up for it will do it no good. just accept that it is a fear and that as you get better many of the irrational fears will simply leave you

we all sound mad at times, your not alone here!

jackie

Hi,

not orange juice but a very strange phobia of baby sweetcorn.....don't ask me why, i makes me go all panicky just looking at it, makes me feel really ill....

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

I have the same kind of thing

I had a pinapple flavoured lolly once and was sick afterwards (i dont think the ice lolly even caused this) but since then i haven't eaten pinapple and I've avoided it at all costs!

I think you've associated orange juice with being sick... being sick with bad things and so orange juice with bad things *hopes that makes sense*

You're not alone sweetie!

Oh God

Mine is cod balls !!!! I was cooking them one night for the children and i pinched one well I have never been so sick and now the thought of eating anything like it makes me feel sick and i start to gag!!

Weird isn't it

Sue with 5

scknight

Hi Tracy,

Are you OK with other fruit drinks?

If so, have plenty of them and be brave enough to have an Orange and Something drink to dilute the fear so to speak.

But really, its not a serious fear, as it can usually be avoided in any situation.

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi.

Don't worry your fear isn't silly at all. Most of us have fears that are unusual, am scared of mould! lol. Just makes me scream when I see it. I think what Ray suggested is a good idea.

Scooby2005
    x x

Hi Tracy,
    I don't think it's silly either.
    When I was about 11, my sister & I bought some of those pink & white marshmallow things sandwiched between two wafers cos they looked really nice. (we were seriously disappointed!!)
    That night, I was violently sick and was convinced they were the cause of it. Turned out it was actually a bug that'd been going around that made me ill, but with having a phobia about being sick, it's amazing how these associations have stuck with me cos even now, I can't even look at anything similar without it turning my stomach.

Magz
    XX

No a silly phobia at all! I know of 4-5 ppl who have a strong phobic reaction to milk, even just looking at it. Esp if they seeing ppl smell it.
    Im afraid of cows! lol ok, so not food, well,not yet, but i really,really hate cows! infact when i was young our family used to walk for hours anywhere and we used to sometimes cross a field of cows, id be dragged kicking and screaming.
    Even on a school trip in filey, i was forced to walk past cows crying :(
    Theres no such thing as a weird phobia.
    Are you afraid of oranges? maybe you could try squeezing an orange for juice slowly or somethign as a exposure therapy?
    Becci x

Hi there Miss Tracy,
    I wouldn't call it a phobia but I certainly have an exteme aversion to oranges or any kind of citrus fruit - like you, because I threw up twice when I was a little girl (from self-squeezed mandarin juice and dried banana chips).
    It's not only that I don't like the stringy, squishy texture (ironically, I love the taste of fruit juice) it's that I can't stand to be near citrus fruit (it's even worse when someone is eating it). It makes me feel nauseus and just plan anxious. I have a childhood memory of my sister chasing me around the back yard with an orange - oh dear!
    I've never grown out of my loathing/fear of squishy fruit. I drink a lot of fruit juice, eat a lot of veggies and high fibre foods and take multivitamins to make up for it.
    So you're not alone, don't worry! I actually don't think it's that different from vegetarians who can't stand to be anywhere near meat.
    L x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information