Thread: neuralgia

neuralgia

i get chest pain alot but at times i get an all over nerve type pain in my left side. chest, arm, left side stomach, leg. the chest and arm are the most painful. ay
    had an ecg the other day and all fine. doc says neuralgia due to anxiety. harmless apparently but painful

just wondered if anyone else gets this occasionally and do you think if it was anything serious it would have been seen in the ecg

thanks

glad to be back
    jackie

Hi Jackie, I can't say that I have actually suffered that before, but do suffer chest pain sometimes due to the anxiety. If you have had an ECG I'm sure the doc would have seen any abnormalities, so try not to worry hun. If you are still not sure then ask to be sent for more tests, I am having tests at the moment really just to put my mind at rest.

Take care,

Polly

Heya Jackie

I get this as well and it's horrible! It's definately anxiety. It's generally caused by muscles become swollen due to stress and then spasming causing these horrible pains. I can assure you it's nothing serious, try taking ibruprofen for the pain when it comes x

thanks you two, it really is horrible isnt it

jackie

this pain is still hear

surely after 5 days of intense pain this shouldnt be fatal, try telling me that though

wish i could end the fear

jackie

I have a chest pain (like someone standing on my ribs with stilettos ( sounds kinky) and they always feel sore..

Doc says its anxiety and my chest tenses up which causes the feeling. i havent yet noticed it go in 1 year yet.. just get used to it after a while.. i did think it was heart problems at the beginning.

Try to relax.. a nice hot bath with some muscle soak works wonders

relax in a hot bath. oh alex to a woman with 5 kids four of whom are under 3.5 that sounds like heaven on earth. one day maybe.lol

thanks for replying just cant seem to get to that stage where it is ok to have chest pain

jackie

Thread Information