Thread: Ovarian Cyst?

Question Ovarian Cyst?

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a noticeable ovarian cyst or you're experiences with them?
    I've been experiencing a dull pain/discomfort/pressure on my lower abdomen and it seems like it could be this.
    I'm going to try to call my doctor tomorrow. I just get a little nervous over everything since I'm terrified of doctors, and (unfortunately and kind of embarrassingly) I ALWAYS have a panic attack whenever someone tries to "touch me there"? For lack of a better word. I' won't go into what happened, just that I always freak out and it doesn't seem to matter whether it's a professional doctor or not. It's a reflex.

Re: Ovarian Cyst?

Hi there. I had those a few years ago. I had a cat scan for some belly troubles and that is what they came up with. So I was sent home on my way with some pain meds and had an appointment with the "lady doctor" for an ultrasound 2 weeks later (the awkward kind where they had to put the wand up in there) and low and behold the cysts were gone.. they told me that they tend to rupture and disappear on their own. They can hurt but it isn't anything serious... I was expecting to need surgery to have those buggers removed but it all worked itself out and is quite common.
    As for the exam, I know its weird an awkward but just try to breathe and know it will only take a few minutes and if they do the scan focus on looking at the screen- it's quite interesting to see all your inner workings
    If you need anything I'm here

I really am terrified at the thought of them rupturing. Does not sound good at all lol. I'm not the most active person ever though so I'm hoping they wouldn't.
    Idk if I could look at the screen. Last time I had an ultrasound, for a different organ, they had to put on the Bee Movie so I wouldn't move around so much haha.

I have one at the moment but it is not causing me any pain despite the consultant asking me if I had lower left abdnominal pain so I think she expected it to hurt!

Get it checked out

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information