Booked in to hospital for both on the same day in a couple of weeks. I'm terrified. Both on the procedure and what they may find. I had blood tests taken and low iron was identified and out of the blue I'm referred for this.

I'm trying to reason with myself why its necessary.

Last November I was in agony with chest pain. I was first told it was a trapped muscle and given ibruprofen. This made it worse and i was then given an injection for pluracy. Didn't help. Was then given ranitidine which eased the pain and it dispersed after a few days.

I felt terrible so went back a week later. I felt drained, sick, dizzy etc. Blood tests revealed low iron so was put on iron tablets for 3 months. As i hate needles I stupidly never went back and the tablets ran out. Few months later i was feeling pants again so went back and had more blood tests. Again unsurprisingly I had low iron. I thought maybe more iron tabs with a repeat test in another 3 months, but no, referred to hospital for these tests.

I do suffer from occasional wind and indigestion, but I have done for years. My stomach can be very noisy especially in bed at night but to be honest my diet it appauling so its no wonder.

Now I have to try get through the next couple of weeks worrying about this and try to stop thinking they are going to find cancer.