Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Termination for medical reasons

Termination for medical reasons

I have spent days living in a world of pain, agonising over a decision that will be apart of my life forever.

You do never imagine things like this to happen to you and when it does the shock and sadness is overwhelming. Finding out I was pregnant was a big shock on its own as I had the coil fitted. Then to know I had a high chance baby could be disabled I worried myself silly, facing huge attacks of panic where I felt the walls were closing in. To then receive the news our lil baby had downs syndrome I felt as though my heart had been ripped out and I had to decide to continue or not with pregnancy.

I wondered what right I had to decide, agreed it was my fate to be a mummy of a child that just might need that extra bit of support. I was going to continue and love my baby with all my heart. My partner disagreed :(.
    He wanted to terminate and after much heartache and pain I received more information that it would not be a mild form of downs and that only a few baby's with downs will make it to birth anyway. So I could decide to continue as a single mum and find later down the line that my baby had died.

I have based my decision on the health and quality of life our baby would have had and although petrified I am going ahead with a termination.
    Only god can judge me and I hope and pray I'm forgiven. I pray my baby can pass by this crazy hard testing life, and go straight to a world of heaven where my angel belongs. I'm sorry . May I find the strength to forgive myself and move on from this. Letting go but never forgetting .

Re: Termination for medical reasons

This must have been horrendous for you. I can't even imagine having to make a decision like that. Hope you have plenty of support around you xx

Thinking of you and sending you lots of love

It is obvious that you love your baby and will never forget them.

You have nothing to be forgiven for. You have done nothing wrong.

You have been placed in an impossible situation and even then you considered your baby and put their needs a best interests ahead of your own.

Please be kind to yourself and get all of the support that you deserve xxx

So sorry to hear this.

I won't give too many details as of course it is not place to talk about other family member's problems but someone in our family had to make the same decision as you recently. Their first baby died before birth a year ago and more recently they had to terminate the pregnancy as the baby would not have survived once born. It is a very traumatic decision to make and my heart goes out to you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My heart truly goes out to you you will not be judged by your decision, you are doing what is right for you and your baby, i can't even imagine the pain your gong through right now but you are in my thoughts xx

Sending you my love at this most difficult time for you.
    x.

Clear blue sky,
    Just found this thread. I hope you are ok after all you have gone through.
    sending you lots of hugs
    Take carexx

My thoughts are with you. I completely understand your reasons for terminating. You and your baby deserve a chance at life and you did what was right xxx no one is judging you. Stay strong xx

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Thinking of you. I hope you are well & staying strong xxx

OH guys thanks. I decided to continue the pregnancy and then we got the news our baby boy also has xyy which is another chromosome condition that there is not a lot of research on. Baby could have had autism and a form of behaviour issues with possible aggression that mixed with the downs led me to go through the worst 29 hours of my life. I went into hospital and was induced at 19 weeks I gave birth friday 10th August after 29hrs of labour. Joseph Leo was born sleeping RIP.
    I did it for love, I couldn't have watched him suffer. I wanted him and my heart aches but he is peaceful and in heaven now where he belongs my lil angel. I have lots of pictures and got to spend time holding him, he is even having a little service and cremation. I know I have done the right thing it just hurts so bad and my maternal feelings are wondering where my lil baby is but I know he is OK. Life is really sent to test us sometimes a? but.....

We don't know how strong we are until strength is our only option xxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information