Thread: Sore scalp and sinus problems, worry worry

Jem27 Guest

Sore scalp and sinus problems, worry worry

Feeling fine other than these 2 things that are worrying me slightly so if anyone can reassure me or give me a kick up the ass id appreciate it

I have had a sore scalp for over a week now, hurts when I brush over left side of head esp left side of crown, dr had a look couldn't see anything but of course im thinking its linked to something nasty. Am I daft?

Also I keep suffering with my sinuses, must be this heat. Dr told me not to take the anti bs because you only need anti bs for sinuses if your face hurts , you have a temp and green snot pouring out, nice, sorry Anyway I just keep getting the odd headache, ear ache and face ache but its on & off, been bad over the last 2 weeks in all this heat. DR said its probably more likely inflammation and justt he climate so said to use a nasal spray. I keep worring it will turn into meningitis because I was silly enough to read on NHS and Bupa sites after I had rhys & m y anxiety was really bad. It said chronic sinusitis cou;d lead to complications if left untreated and that symptoms are often milder, so im thinking thats me and ive chronic probs.

I keep worrying ive chronic probs as i suffer so often. Today my left ear feels full, under eye feels puffy and I feel exhausted.

These are the 2 things worrying me right now, why did my sinuses have to play up just as I finish my anti ds and was feeling so +. I am feeling ok other than these 2 things niggling in my head. I wish I could get into perspective just how rare meningitis is from sinus probs and that I don't have chronic probs and that my scalp isn't likely to be anything.

Arghhhhhh, sorry for typos aswell, im signing off now so abit rushed for time, gota get son to nursery.

Thanks if anyone has any wise words.

Jem xxxx

Hi Jem, I have had the sore scalp thing in the past. It can be a symptomf of anxiety, the muscles etc are tight and unrelieved stress makes them worse.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

I get both of these from time to time.

Sore skin patches on head/elsewhere - this could be sore nerve endings and happens to me a lot. I don't really know why but its been happening to me for years and years so I don't worry it about it anymore.

Painful sinuses - yep I get this too, I have to say something that helps here apart from any medical self helps like steam treatments, is to try and release any tension I am holding in my face and neck area.
    Try dropping your jaw (you will look just gorgeous doing this, NOT) for a few minutes. Also put your 2 main fingers on your chin and bend your head slowly towards your chest, hold for 30 seconds then do it again using the other hand.

By releasing some of the muscle tension you can at least ease some of the pain.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

im sure the head thing is nothing although im no expert. i am however a sufferer of sinusitis and am rarely without it. your right the heat flares it up but anxiety is the cause. many people suffer this and i never been told it is dangerous

hope this helps

jackie

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks, you are all stars:-) you have all made me feel so much better now. mwah!

The dr did say anxiety might be causing the scalp thing but I thought he meant I might be imaginging it, hehe.

Does anxiety cause sinus probs Jackie? I had no idea.

Thanks again, your all really supportive.

Ju xxxx

Re: Sore scalp and sinus problems, worry worry

Wow how strange... a couple of weeks ago I was nearing the end of a nasty nasal infection and my ears were popping and allsorts - also my SCALP was sore!! It was like it had been bumped (which I know hadn't happened) or if I had had my ponytail too tight but the painful spot seemed to move around my head nearly every day and varied each day in degrees of severity.

About this week though it just vanished. Really strange. I don't think it is related to anything nasty. I also suffer from psoriasis and have been told that you can get sore spots on your head like this. What I eventually worked out it was was tension in my neck and shoulders - yes you have guessed it - related to worry!! I asked my mum who works in a chemist and she said that she has heard that the muscles are all linked up around your head and tension in your shoulders can make your scalp sore!! Strange, isn't it!!
    Hope it clears up for you soon.

Re: Sore scalp and sinus problems, worry worry

If it was serious i would be dead now..Had it years ago and have bouts with it from time to time..gives you the worst headache and cant even wash your hair not that you feel like it but if you are like me you hate dirty hair.

Wife gets it too scares her to death but she lives and you will too..Dont worry it will pass.. Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Jem27 View Post
    Feeling fine other than these 2 things that are worrying me slightly so if anyone can reassure me or give me a kick up the ass id appreciate it

I have had a sore scalp for over a week now, hurts when I brush over left side of head esp left side of crown, dr had a look couldn't see anything but of course im thinking its linked to something nasty. Am I daft?

Also I keep suffering with my sinuses, must be this heat. Dr told me not to take the anti bs because you only need anti bs for sinuses if your face hurts , you have a temp and green snot pouring out, nice, sorry Anyway I just keep getting the odd headache, ear ache and face ache but its on & off, been bad over the last 2 weeks in all this heat. DR said its probably more likely inflammation and justt he climate so said to use a nasal spray. I keep worring it will turn into meningitis because I was silly enough to read on NHS and Bupa sites after I had rhys & m y anxiety was really bad. It said chronic sinusitis cou;d lead to complications if left untreated and that symptoms are often milder, so im thinking thats me and ive chronic probs.

I keep worrying ive chronic probs as i suffer so often. Today my left ear feels full, under eye feels puffy and I feel exhausted.

These are the 2 things worrying me right now, why did my sinuses have to play up just as I finish my anti ds and was feeling so +. I am feeling ok other than these 2 things niggling in my head. I wish I could get into perspective just how rare meningitis is from sinus probs and that I don't have chronic probs and that my scalp isn't likely to be anything.

Arghhhhhh, sorry for typos aswell, im signing off now so abit rushed for time, gota get son to nursery.

Thanks if anyone has any wise words.

Jem xxxx

Thread Information