Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Blocked eustachian tube (ear)

Re: Blocked eustachian tube (ear)

Just wanted to see if I could trouble any of you for any updates on how your blocked tubes (hopefully) resolved? It happened to me and just trying to put my mind at ease. Reading forums is helpful and scary at the same time!

I came down with a low grade fever 2 weeks ago that transitioned to a cold/sinus thing that led to my right ear clogging up and fierce ringing. Went to a doc who told me she didn't see any infection in the ear, but looked like there was pressure and fluid on the ear drum. She gave me an antibiotic anyway just since it had been a week. After not seeing any change in a few days, went back to a doc who gave me prednisone and said my eustachian tubes were blocked.

The ringing is about to drive me insane. Just was hoping to hear some news on how anyone has beaten this. It's miserable!

I am having real problems with my ear for the last 3/4 months - ear feels slightly blocked and my face on that side hurts. Ent said it was probably tmj but wants to put a camera there just in case and I am awaiting referral - this worries me.

i've always had issues with my ears, several times a year my family would travel to california and the changing altitude would give me a ton of problems and it was painful to say the least. i've always had popping in my ears, ringing, different sounds like little beeps here and there, and several ear infections growing up. i think i grew out of the infections but the stopped up feeling and ringing has remained. and one time i actually ruptured the left membrain which did'nt help my situation at all. im now 26 with no hearing problems and nothing has gotten worse so im sure its safe to say that its just an issue i have to live with. sure getting tubes put in may fix the problem but i never gave it much thought as i've dealt with it as far back as i can remember. i remember being in kindergarten standing in the lunch line and my ears got a stopped up feeling and i heard weird beeping noises. ive had hearing tests and had my ears checked once and they never said much.gaving tubes put in to drain your ears may be your only option but i hear its not so bad so id say go for it if its a problem that bothers you.

My Eustachian tube in right ear has been blocked for 6 years now. Ear is muffled and i can feel it being stuffed up. Hope yours resolves sooner than mine lol. I did all the sprays the ENT provided with no relief.

Mine resolved after a few weeks. I had them syringed twice and that helped a lot, which surprised me as the Dr told me that the fluid was most likely behind the ear drum, but it really helped with the muffled hearing and spaced out feeling that I was getting.

Cool Re: Blocked eustachian tube (ear)

I too have been suffering from blocked ears everyday for the past month and it all started out as a little plugged then fluid behind middle left ear then course of antibiotics and told had sinus infection then went away but fluid remaining in left ear then have had fluid in right ear and now still both ears for 4 mos now then I woke one-day didn't notice it til I was eating and ears would plug up then it got worse went to doctor put back on antibiotics and still same for a month now still ears block up seems worse at night and early morning I'm very nervous about this as I have anixity disorder and I have been having ringing in ears too and hard to speak at times as my ear or ears will echo kinda back into ear when talking and hurts and hard to hear wat I'm saying to people please help any suggestions I tried takeing predisone and seems all it did was open up nose passages more and made ears worse I've had phelm lots of it comes and goes at times but fluid still remains any suggestions as I'm freaking out about this especially the fluid being in there so long wrryed about my hearing being damaged

does anyone had balance problem while walking with tinnitus ???? i am having this problem for last 2-3 month it getting worse day by day... plz help

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information